Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 22
Posts: 22   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16299 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Floor Rendering Problem

The advanced rendering plug-in isn't supported in Sweet Home 3D 3.0.
It may work but I didn't try.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 19, 2010, 2:03:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wrosun

Nepal

Nice one Hans. laughing
I dont want to sound like a smart ass but i ask questions on forum only when i think there is no more i can do to solve this problem.Then i say lets take it to the experts lol.

@Puybaret:
Point taken boss wink
[Dec 19, 2010, 2:12:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cyrano

Thanks for this post wrosun, since last week I was trying to solve this. This morning I finally figured out by chance that I should not use the advanced rendering plug in anymore. And this thread just confirm it. So it is useful to post that kind of issue and its solution.
Note: the reason I kept using the advanced rendering plug in, is that I could not see all the functions of it in the standard renderer dialog. So by force of habit I kept on using the plug in.
[Dec 19, 2010, 2:27:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wrosun

Nepal

Cyrano,
I wouldn't say default photo creation dialogue has less functions the thing is that the advanced photo plugin makes it look like it has more function with all the chek box and every thing...the effect that you want can be created in default photo creation even more accurately you can make different floors having different surface bye changing whether it is mat or shiny in modify furniture,modify wall,modify room functions...i like default photo creation over advanced rendering....i personally think default photo creation takes less memory to create photo. smile
[Dec 19, 2010, 2:40:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wrosun

Nepal

in another thought i think there are differences like compute glass transparency and silk effects...
[Dec 19, 2010, 3:46:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cyrano

Yes I agree with you wrosun, I have been playing with it most afternoon, and the new version of the renderer is really good.
[Dec 19, 2010, 5:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

cyrano, wrosun, the standard renderer dialog uses all the parameters available in the advanced rendering plug-in dialog, but these parameters are displayed differently, that's why I'm not in the mood to maintain the advanced rendering plug-in. In case you didn't follow how the standard renderer changes in version 3.0, here's a sum up of the changes and improvements:
- User interface controls for size, lens, quality, date, hour and default ceiling lights are displayed in the same dialog.
- User interface controls for time zone, longitude, latitude and north direction are displayed in the compass modification dialog. The time zone, longitude and latitude are not the ones of Paris by default anymore, but the values matching the main city in the time zone of your computer.
- Lamp lights are turned on depending of the power set on each light source or lamp with its modification dialog or its power indicator.
- Sunlight is always active during daylight. The color of its rays depends on its location in the sky, with a warmer color at dawn and twilight. If you really don't want the sun, use a night time with a texture for the sky, or add an object in the scene that will hide its rays.
- The shininess of walls, floors and ceilings can be set individually on each wall, floor and ceiling with their modification dialog. You can also set the shininess of each piece of furniture. Keep in mind that Sweet Home 3D let you modify the shininess (or an other attribute) of a group of items, if you select them first and use the Modify menu item matching the type of object to modify.
- The shininess rendering is always set to glossy at the 3rd quality level and to silk at the best quality level. If you prefer glossy with a better quality, create a larger image (at least twice larger), then downsize it with any image software, that should give the same effect as in the plug-in.
- Light angle used to control brightness is replaced by the much more logic light power attribute available on each light.
- Glass transparency computation was an option in the plug-in because it didn't work in some cases. Now glass transparency is always computed, but doesn't use caustics anymore which are slower to compute and didn't work all the time. If you look at the images in this message, you'll see that caustics are more realistic, but I hope you'll agree with my answer to db4tech stating that Sweet home 3D is for interior design purpose first. Therefore I prefer that users can see a light reflect in windows with the new transparency algorithm.

Even if it's still not perfect, the standard renderer supports also colored transparent glasses, textures with transparency, ambient occlusion to avoid too dark shadows in some cases, and manages better the lights included in lamps.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 19, 2010, 6:27:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wrosun

Nepal

thanks for the information Puybaret.
i didnt know about silk effect and the transparency working...now i do..
thanks again
[Dec 20, 2010, 2:45:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
soul

hello,i was reading plugins tutorial, and i jumped in this thread, user hansmex says that sweet home 3d v3.0 already has creating photo plugin based in software but in the pic of wrosun's post, it clearly can be seen that advenced rendering plugin showin more natural light renderings than create photo plugin, so does advanced rendering plugin work on sweet home 3d v.3.1 that i using now??
[Mar 19, 2011, 6:12:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
soul

i really having LİGHTİNG problems lately ,
anyone has advices about what to do about the big white area on the ceiling, i couldnt arrange and make a good room light effect with 'add ceiling' and using 'air-lamb' light renders together, just cant use and make a balanced light effect
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/mcdost/aa.png (see this on explorer, my google chrome just dont work properly after i installed sweet home 3d v.3.1.. i think its about java adds. ı dunno really whats problem.. anyone knows about solution?? i cant use google chrome!!
[Mar 19, 2011, 6:29:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 22   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved