Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4686 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Poorman148

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Can't modify walls.

First I want to say thank you for this program. I have had it for only a few days and I am really catching on. I have a few questions.

I cannot modify my walls or anything below that in "Plan", it is grayed out.

Is there anyway to start with the outside of the exterior walls and not center?

When drawing the outside walls I would prefer to just do outside and on the interior walls do centers. Small item but it would make it easier when laying out foundations.

Thats all for now.

Thanks,

Rich
[Oct 15, 2010, 2:55:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

Re: Can't modify walls.

Hi poorman, do you happen to have your base plan locked? You won't be able to edit your walls with the base plan locked. smile
----------------------------------------

[Oct 15, 2010, 3:04:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Rich,

It's always a good idea to read the manual before starting to ask questions on the forum.

That said, most probable you (accidentally) have locked the base plan, either through a right-click, or through the menu. Unlock it, and you can modify your walls. If that's not the solution, share your model and we can have a look at it.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 15, 2010, 3:04:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Poorman148

USA

Hi Guys,

I did read the manual,when I tried modifying the walls,it was grayed out, but after your posts I tried modifying with the grayed out "Modify" so I guess that works even though it is not black. My base plan was not locked.

Thanks for your quick response.

Rich
[Oct 15, 2010, 3:50:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

What version of the software are you running? What operating system do you have? If you have greyed out options that you know you did not choose in the preference, it might be a fault with your graphics card. smile I know I had trouble myself until I updated my graphics driver, have you tried that?

[Oct 15, 2010, 3:56:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jjarvela

I have same problem, and the option in right click is not grayed out. I cant even check the version I use, as choosing Help -> About doesnt work.
[Sep 13, 2015, 8:23:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved