Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5518 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
thunder

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Zoom problem in aerial view

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with the aerial view. I can see my design as a miniature in the background but I can't zoom in to display it in a normal size. I tried all buttons available. I can move the design but I can't zoom in to make it bigger.
Thanks for your help !
Regards
Thunder
[Oct 8, 2010, 9:16:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Zoom problem in aerial view

Thunder,

Do you have a background image? Check the size of that image.
Also, look in Preferences which units you have chosen.

I once ended up with a drawing 1000 times too big because I had millimeters in one place and meters in the other place.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 8, 2010, 9:40:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

An other tip: use minimum zoom in plan and select all. This might show a tiny object you forgot somewhere in your plan.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 8, 2010, 9:48:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thunder

Thanks a lot Puybaret, that was the answer: there was a tiny object somewhere far from the design. I deleted it and now the problem is solved.
[Oct 8, 2010, 10:30:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thunder

Thanks hansmex and Puybaret for your quick replies. That was very much appreciated.
[Oct 8, 2010, 10:31:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Robbyvenetian

United States

Hello guys, I have the same problem about zooming. Can't go closer. Forgive my lack of understanding. I can't fix it. Thanks for any suggestions.
[Dec 4, 2023, 1:11:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
biggrin Re: Zoom problem in aerial view

hi. there is a very simple way to get a view from any height. You need to work through a virtual visit. And instead of the eyes of a normal person, give the height of Gulliver's eyes)). For example, 900 cm, or 2900 cm, point the camera down. And then changing the angle of view to get the right field in the frame. This is a universal way to do without searching for little forgotten crumbs. Any view of any fragment of the scene from any height!
[Dec 4, 2023, 7:01:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
applause Re: Zoom problem in aerial view

Gulliver's method is good because it is possible to control perspective distortions. You can fly into the clouds and assign Gulliver's height to 10,000 cm (unfortunately there are restrictions, they don't let you into space) and give a 6-degree angle of view. And there will be a strict almost pure isometry without perspective. Well, or vice versa, give a height just above the roof of your house and a very wide angle of view of 100 degrees. It will be a strong prospect. The program allows you to work wonders.
[Dec 4, 2023, 7:24:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Using camera's in a virtual visit like GaudiGalopin3324 explained is one way but it doesn't solve your problem with zooming in Aerial view. One possibility is the problem as described in the first few posts of this thread, read back to see if that is your problem too and how to solve it.

There are other options. If you haven't done this already install the Pan3DView plugin . It gives you more options to manipulate the 3Dview.
It is possible that you moved your 3Dview while moving around in it. Try scroll-button down and drag towards you. This should drag the view closer to you much like zooming in. That way you can also pan left and right. Read up on the other functions that the plugin offers, it has become quite advanced with newer versions.

Lastly check your preferences, specifically the "Aerial view centered on selection" setting. Enabled centers your 3Dview when you select an object in the 2Dview so zooming should be easy. It has the disadvantage that your 3Dview jumps around while selecting different objects in the 2Dview. With the setting disabled you sometimes have to search for the selected object but the 3dview stays when other objects are selected in the 2Dview. I use both views depending on what I'm doing. When creating furniture I have it disabled and when designing a home I have it enabled.
[Dec 4, 2023, 7:48:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Robbyvenetian

United States

Thank you guys, I m trying all your suggestions.
[Dec 7, 2023, 1:51:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved