Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 135
Posts: 135   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 319549 times and has 134 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.0

Emmanuel,

It doesn't work on my Ubuntu PC: I tried it before writing my reply, and now tried it again... Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 22, 2010, 2:15:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

Maybe I am misunderstanding your reply Hans, but my trouble is ... for example, I make a full circle of two segments like this..

And I select one side of the circle to split so that I can either paint it a different color, or delete the extra section I don't need..

And then when I split the wall, it ends up looking like this....

I can make many little walls to mimic the splitting, but I was wondering if there was a faster way to do it?

[Oct 22, 2010, 2:32:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight, I updated the current version to Beta 15, with the following bug fixes and enhancements:
- Used blackman-harris filter instead of gaussian in best quality rendering (thank you Hans for your great tests),
- Improved front clip distance in aerial view to ensure carpets and thin objects will be better rendered when seen from from far,
- Found an algorithm to approximate the shadow of 3D models with numerous vertices and ensure second rendering quality will go faster and won't fail,
- Improved viewpoint management to prevent storing two viewpoints at the same location or with the same name,
- Added a combo box at the second call of Store point of view dialog to let the user choose an existing point of view,
- Added some tool tips on Mirrored et Part of base plan check boxes in furniture modification dialog,
- Added colored light sources to default catalog,
- Made light sources not deformable (applicable only to light sources delivered from this beta version),
- Changed the indicator and the behavior at the bottom left of lights to change their power.

We're getting closer to version 3.0 now. wink

And to answer to a (quite) old question:
It doesn't work on my Ubuntu PC: I tried it before writing my reply, and now tried it again... Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Hans, maybe the shortcut Ctrl + Enter is associated to something else in your system?
Does it work for other Linux users?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 15, 2010, 10:16:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

You're amazing! Busy with work and still you find time for a new beta. Do you ever sleep at all?

I saw a typo: in 3D view it says Got to point of view, that's 1 letter too many.

With CTRL+ENTER, are you referring to drawing round walls? I can do that but with CTRL+CLICK 2nd POINT and then drag.

I'll try and test-drive this version in the next few days.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Nov 15, 2010, 10:49:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thank you Hans for your feedback. smile
My work outside is over now, so I have time to finish programming this version 3.0.
Then, I'll have to start an other job, but that's an other story...
[Nov 15, 2010, 11:13:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the Beta 16 with the following new features and bug fixes:
- Recovered auto saved files at program launch to let user review them after a crash. I reproduced the auto save / auto recover behavior of MS Word in Sweet Home 3D. Please try if it works correctly, by simply crashing the program and relaunching it.
- Added Arc extent spinner to Wall modification dialog to adjust round wall after its creation.
- Added Unchanged / Mat / Shiny radio boxes to Furniture modification dialog to control furniture shininess.
- Placed by default the compass at the left of the plan for existing homes (thank you Hans for this suggestion).
- Kept a free zone at the furniture center of small pieces to be able to move them without deselecting them first.
- Took into account light furniture angle to place correctly the light sources it contains.
- Reviewed 3D normals in the furniture models of the default catalog to ensure these pieces render correctly (I'm still astonished that nobody complained about that one during all the past years!)
- Added the five following lights to the default catalog (I felt that new users who didn't install any SH3F files yet, wouldn't understand the purpose of lights if they had only light sources!).

Floor uplight

Spot light

Pendant lamp

Work lamp

Wall uplight

This will probably be one of the latest beta version with new features. I may add mouse wheel zoom on cursor if it isn't too difficult and fix a few minor bugs, but globally, I feel we have now a pretty nice version 3.0 within reach. smile
Thus, it's going to be translators' turn and I'll try to improve help files to describe how to create photos and videos with lights.

Thank you for your support
[Nov 17, 2010, 9:15:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Just gave the beta 16 a short test drive. First impression is VERY good!
- The auto recovery now works like a charm: it opened all 50 or so recovery files for review! HAHAHA The good news is, that it then deletes the temporary file, so that the recovery directory doesn't clog up with old files. Great! I now have the purple pond file I had intended for the design contest. smile
- Arc extend modifier: great!
- Unchanged, matt, shiny: great!
- Repositioned compass: GREAT! (I have the habit to start my designs at > 0,0 <, so this is very welcome.
- Free zone: have to find out more about that one.
- 3D normals: I'm not sure what you mean, or what that is. However, maybe later tonight or tomorrow I may succeed in making a cube with a "normal" texture. I think I finally found out how to apply a texture correctly.
- Lights: great! I noticed all existing lights in the library also have a power switch!

I noticed one minor thing: I remember db4tech telling some time ago that he introduced a new routine for Q2 rendering, that did away with the banding. A quick render I did a few minutes ago, again showed a lot of banding. Maybe it's accidental, I'd have to investigate more.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Nov 17, 2010, 9:55:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Hello,

Finally, I managed to make a box with the texture correctly applied on all sides.

Unfortunately, you cannot apply a texture to this box from within SH3D, because then the textures are applied incorrectly again. So, you have to manually edit the OBJ and MTL file to change the image.

Hans
Attachment box_w_logo.zip (30629 bytes) (Download count: 1224)

Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Edit 2 times, last edit by hansmex at Nov 18, 2010, 1:24:05 AM]
[Nov 18, 2010, 1:22:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

When I opened this beta version, 4 recovered files came up. I just closed the first 3 that I didn't want then I kept the one open that I wanted to work with.
Will it be doing this by default when you first start it up? The files it recovered were, I think, simply closed because I was done with them.

I played with the lights some more and found that I was able to turn on the already existing lights. Anyway, it's much better looking now.

Nice work Emmanuel!
Attachment kitchen-beta16.png (357461 bytes) (Download count: 6272) (kitchen with new lights)
kitchen-beta16.png
Attachment SH3Dkitchenbeta16lighting.png (167380 bytes) (Download count: 10345)
SH3Dkitchenbeta16lighting.png
Attachment kitchenlights-beta16.jpeg (176281 bytes) (Download count: 6041)
kitchenlights-beta16.jpeg
[Edit 3 times, last edit by pencilart at Nov 18, 2010, 3:30:32 PM]
[Nov 18, 2010, 3:05:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
timcurran

Well, I'm super-eager to try the 3.0 beta, but I can't seem to install it. sad Java Web Start loads it, but always ends with the error: "Unable to launch the application." Uninstalling through the Java console and reinstalling does no good.

SW3D v2.6 still runs (and uninstalls and reinstalls) correctly.

Is there any particular information about the error detail or my system that you might need to pinpoint the problem?
[Nov 19, 2010, 1:06:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 135   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved