Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 135
Posts: 135   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 319523 times and has 134 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.0

Maybe it's Ubuntu? My version of Java? My video card or drivers? There's a lot of variables in the equation...
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 17, 2010, 3:29:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

This is my latest rendering with the beta:
http://www.storm-artists.net/full/98629
[Oct 17, 2010, 10:29:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PtiNounours

Beautiful spacious kitchen
[Oct 18, 2010, 12:08:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I searched the bug described by PtiNounours and tested by others.
It's really weird and looks like that's a bug in SunFlow rendering engine. Sometimes it doesn't even try to render the texture applied to the left object. Investigating might be much more complicated than expected... sad
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 18, 2010, 11:35:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Maybe there are a few things connected here?
1 - The strange behaviour Sebastien noticed
2 - The strange behaviour I noticed with textures and transparency.

Maybe a complete "reformulation" of how textures are applied could be a solution? The fact that the tests on Sebastien's file gave different results for every run, is very strange.

I am compiling a kind of document with info on how OBJ files work, but it's very hard to find a complete and easy to understand manual, that goes into enough detail to explain what I need. Ideally I would like to construct an OBJ file for a cube that does what >>I<< want, and not what some-one else wants :-)

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Oct 18, 2010, 11:52:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry Hans, but reversed textures and Sebastian wrong rendering are completely unconnected. Good try, but this won't help! sad

About the OBJ format, create a new thread where you'll ask your questions about it. It's really not a complicated format for a programmer.
[Oct 19, 2010, 6:54:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

Thanks PtiNounours!
[Oct 19, 2010, 6:22:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

Maybe someone has figured out a way to do this... But I seem to be having a lot of trouble splitting the circular walls and keeping my radius the same size. I can't split the walls to paint them different colors, nor to resize the wall without it moving both end points and changing size. I can make many separate circular walls and do what's needed to be done, but I would like to know if anyone has found a faster way.

Thanks! smile

[Oct 22, 2010, 12:08:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Chris,

In Modify walls you can only change the X,Y coordinates, not the radius. Example:

- I draw a wall that has XY coordinates 0,0 and 300,0 with highest point of arc at 150,100
- using Modify wall I change the coordinates, so that the "new" wall has XY coordinates 0,0 and 500,0
- the result is that the highest point of the arc is now at 250,150

That means that the form of the arc stays the same, only the size changes.

What is needed is
- an option to change the angle of the arc which is indicated in the small yellow pop-up window next to the cursor when you draw the arc.
- the option to hit Enter to get access to that yellow pop-up, so you can use the keyboard to enter exact length and angle, just as when drawing a "normal" wall.

Maybe this could be a future feature?

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Oct 22, 2010, 1:08:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

[...] the option to hit Enter to get access to that yellow pop-up, so you can use the keyboard to enter exact length and angle, just as when drawing a "normal" wall.
That option already exists. Just press Ctrl + Enter (or Alt + Enter under Mac OS X) as you would press mouse button + Ctrl or Alt key. wink
[Oct 22, 2010, 1:41:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 135   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved