Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 135
Posts: 135   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 319542 times and has 134 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.0

Emmanuel,

When I start SH3D v3.b2 I see the compass at top-left, sized 1x1 mtr. Using the handles, I can resize and rotate the compass, or drag it to a different location. But, as I reported before, when I open a model made with (e.g.) v2.6, I don't see the compass. I even can't see it when I move the model to the side. (See image)

Equally, as reported before, Plan --> Modify compass doesn't open a window to change the compass settings.

Maybe it's a Ubuntu-only problem?

(In Windows Vista, a v2.6 file doesn't show the compass either, but when I do Plan --> Modify compass a window opens and I can use the check-box to make the compass visible.)

On the side, maybe you can give the compass rose an elevation (or put it on a different layer), so that it always opens on top of the design? That way it would always be visible on startup.

Rendering seems to work OK, although (for the moment) I prefer the v1.6.1 version, and I didn't test it thoroughly yet.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 28, 2010, 8:45:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, it seems that the support for transparent textures in SunFlow is still buggy and will have to wait a little longer. wink
I updated the Beta version to remove this feature.

pencilart, the default size of the compass rose is 39.37 inches on purpose. Why do you think it's too big?

Hans, the compass is new in version 3.0 so don't expect to see it in version 2.6!!! wink
If you modify in Sweet Home 3D 2.6 a document created with version 3.0, it will also disappear once you open it again in version 3.0.
But I didn't understand that you couldn't see the Compass dialog until your last message ; it was a bug under Ubuntu fixed in the Beta 3.

I hesitated to draw the rose at background level or at top level, but as it belongs to base plan, it sounds more logical to me to draw it first.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 28, 2010, 9:38:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
smile Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.0

Emmanuel,

One bug less: SH3D v3.b3 shows the compass dialogue in Ubuntu when opening a file made in a previous version! :-)

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Sep 28, 2010, 10:35:36 PM]
[Sep 28, 2010, 10:34:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

Hey Emmanuel,
When my system used the Iced Tea version of Java, the compass rose looks huge with a thick ring around it. It doesn't look anything like the screenshots until it is resized. It's Iced Tea's fault. When I open it in Sun's version of Java, all looks well with it. :D

Well I tied the newest beta and opened the kitchen that was made in 2.6 and found the "Modify compass" option and selected "Show Compass" but it is underneath the home. I can't get at it to move it. See this screenshot:

This is how it looks in IcedTea Java:

[Sep 29, 2010, 5:22:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

This looks like a Iced tea bug. sad

You can also move the rose with the Compass dialog.
[Sep 29, 2010, 6:11:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
starrunner

Hi Emmanuel,

what about the feature requests I opened in Sourceforge? As I added complete patch files for most of them I hoped they would make it into the next release. Is there anything else needed?

I can integrate all of them again into my local 3.0 version without much effort, so no need to hurry - just wanted to know, in case anybody else is interested in these features...
[Sep 30, 2010, 10:32:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's version 3.0 Beta 4 with a few additional features:

- Support for transparent textures in SunFlow is finally available.

- Added the cross hatch pattern for walls as requested by Hans.

- Waited for the first mouse move to initiate the duplication of the items selected in plan when the Ctrl key is pressed.

- Added shift + arrow keys management for faster move of selected items in the plan. For consistency sake, I reversed the management of the shift key for the moves in the 3D view too (slow moves without shift key pressed vs fast moves with shift key pressed). I hope you won't mind this change of behavior, but so many new users complained about the too fast moves in the 3D view without knowing the shift key tip, that I think it's better this way. I hope you like the 2 speeds of moves I chose ; of course this depends on mouse settings in your system preferences.

- Increased the maximum count of recent files to 10.

- Managed some kind of auto saving, but as overwriting an existing file without user's permission sounds really too dangerous, I finally reproduced how auto saved files are managed in MS Word (and in probably many other software).
So, modified projects are saved regularly in the new recovery subfolder added to Sweet Home 3D private folder. For those who still ignore where this private folder is:
* under Windows Vista / 7, it's the folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D,
* under Windows XP and previous versions of Windows, it's the folder C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D,
* under Mac OS X, it's the subfolder Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D of your user folder,
* under Linux, it's the subfolder .eteks/sweethome3d of your user folder.
The delay between two auto save operations can be set with a new option in the preferences dialog.
In a future version, I might add a feature to automatically recover auto saved files at next program start, but at this time I would rather you test extensively this feature as I programmed it.

That's all for today. I hope you like it! wink
[Sep 30, 2010, 10:24:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

WOW !! Many nice new features and improvements. Lots of testing to do. I'll keep you informed of my findings.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Sep 30, 2010, 11:00:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

Whew!! biggrin
[Oct 1, 2010, 9:48:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

It looks good to me.
I tried out the Shif + arrow keys and it worked as you said it would. :D

I found the recovery folder as you said. I'm sure it does as you said it would. :D

As for the "transparent textures in SunFlow" I'm not so sure about. The newest doors and window don't seem to be transparent and there's no transparency on the glass doors for the upper cabinets. See the screenshots below:

Date set to June 1 @ 3:00 Pm North at 0°, ceiling light moved behind the person.

Date set to June 1 @ 3:00 Pm, North moved to 320°, ceiling light moved near the door.

[Oct 1, 2010, 10:06:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 135   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved