Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4056 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Java Question

This is not a Sweet Home issue, but I am hoping someone knows the answer. I have just finished an installation of Xubuntu on a laptop computer, and I'm trying to get Sweet Home to run, but it tells me that it can not find the jre6.bin? I have downloaded the files directly from Sun Java, and I know their path, I typed it in correctly, and changed it's permission. The bin file will start to unpack, but about two minutes into unpacking, it will say it can not find jre.bin. The file size was the same so I don't think it was corrupted, but I redownloaded the files just in case, and I still get the same error. I have just started learning the different commands in Linux, so am I doing something wrong? Should there be another step after you change the bin file permissions?

Sorry if this is a newbie type question, but I am one... smile
----------------------------------------

[Sep 27, 2010, 10:39:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Java Question

Chris,

If you want to install Java on a (x)Ubuntu machine, you can (should?) do so by choosing Applications --> Ubuntu Software Center . There you can search for Java, and install it correctly with one click.

If you need more help, you may want to try www.ubuntuforums.org, where you can find help on any topic you can imagine, or else search using Google.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 27, 2010, 11:08:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

Re: Java Question

The Ubuntu Software Center has the jre 5, I was hoping to get the new jre 6. I can only find that at the Java website. I am also trying to install manually so that I know how to do it the next time in case I can't go thru the package installer. The instructions I recieved from the Ubuntu help forums were the same as what is on the Java site, on running as super user, changing permissions, and such. I have everything up to the actual unpacking of the software done, I was just hoping someone here might have had the same problem, and found a solution. I will likely just go ahead and download jre 5 and update it afterward if I can't find a solution

[Sep 27, 2010, 11:35:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved