Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 47
Posts: 47   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 232299 times and has 46 replies Next Thread
kbon

DE
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: New plugin: Advanced plan editing

Thanks for the quick answer!

About connecting walls:
You're right about the dialog box, I didn't consider cases of more than two walls. When I wrote that, I already had the idea of intersecting lines in mind, and such a dialog box would've eliminated the need of a second menu button. I'll see if I can come up with a usable solution :)

About wall thickness:
The intuitive perception of the "resize" operation is (at least to me) that I pick an object and can resize X and Y in different directions. Technically of course, that means moving the edge points.
If I select a few walls, I can resize them (i.e. the convex hull, or the rectangle they span).
Now I select a single wall. I can only adjust its length, not the thickness if it's a horizontal/vertical wall (the greyed out field for Y). Obviously this is because a wall consists of only 2 edgeds. Resizing a diagonal wall then behaves like regarding that wall as the diagonal of a rectangle, and move that rectangle, i.e. those 2 points. Now of course you're right, the "resize" dialog does not fit for changing wall thickness, all of its UI elements are already in use.

I came up with the "resize" dialog, because I only tried it with single horizontal walls, and the Y-field was greyed out. One could then use the Y field to adjust the thickness, but as mentioned above, now I see it's not suited for this :)
My example says "outside" becaus it's an example ^^ I mentioned "one side" before, of course it has to be "left" or "right". In the case of an example, I as the user of course know which one of left/right I'd have to choose when I want to change "outside".

So yes, I'd need a separate dialog for that. And of course I'm aware that UI and intuitiveness often proves as the harder part, but as it may be seen from my explanations, I thought it could be easily integrated into your "resize" UI leaving only the mathematical part ^^
So as this requires a whole new dialog box, I guess I'll just try it myself. Currently reading into JPanel and other Java stuff (enabling "undo" etc). I hope I can come up with a working peace of code soon :)
[Aug 8, 2012, 10:35:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baj

applause Re: New plugin: Advanced plan editing

awesome plugin... I find the Edit|Resize feature invaluable. One addition to the functionality I'd like to see is an 'Apply' button in the Resize dialog. This would be especially useful when moving objects using the resize/justify method. Currently this requires 2 Resize actions, one to facilitate the offset, then again to resize the object back to original size. With an 'Apply' button the 2 step procedure could be performed without closing the Resize dialog.

Keep up the good work
[Nov 9, 2012, 10:55:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
starrunner

Hi all,

a new version of the plugin (1.6) is available. Besides some minor fixes it includes a "move" action (although it is a bit late for baj, who seemed to need such a feature) and a "flip" action (what was up to now only possible with negative values in the "resize" action).

Thanks to Igor Perminov, who contributed some of the fixes and features.

Tobias
[May 1, 2015, 11:22:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Thank you very much !!!

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 2, 2015, 8:03:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rozel3

Can you tell me does this plug in work on Mac or PC?
[Dec 13, 2015, 2:31:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
starrunner

I'm usually developing on Windows and I've never tested it on Mac. But as it is written in Java and as I don't think that I've used any platform specific functions, I'd guess it it is working on Mac as well.

What's the reason you are asking? Just give it a try and you will know, if it is working on your platform.
[Dec 14, 2015, 8:14:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rozel3

That's great will go ahead and try. Thxs
[Dec 14, 2015, 10:35:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
starrunner

Hi all,

a new version of the plugin (1.7) is available.

New features and fixes:

• Elevation of furniture is never negative now
  • Added new french translations
  • Support for polylines in all transformation actions
  • Support to edit the polylines with the existing "edit points" action

@Hans: I've just seen your plugins user guide, excellent work.
If would be nice if you update it to reflect the new features - for example moving is much easier since 1.6 version of the plugin. And I wouldn't say that "Connected walls should not be rotated" - as long as one selects the connected walls all together, the result will be as expected.

In the next version of my plugin I'll rename "position" to "anchor" in the "Resize" action, indeed this is a better label.

Tobias
[Mar 20, 2016, 8:20:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
edmond_dantes

I have problem in using this plugin.
I am on ubuntu 16.04, SW3D v. 4.5
When I launch sw3d I get

$ sweethome3d
Java 3D: implicit antialiasing enabled
Invalid plug-in jar:file:/home/me/.eteks/sweethome3d/plugins/AdvancedEditing.sh3p!/META-INF%2FApplicationPlugin.properties:
Not compatible application version
$

Any hint? Thanks
[Jul 6, 2016, 9:22:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
starrunner

Hi Edmont,

I'd guess that the error message is self-explaining:
Your SH3D version is to old for the current version of my plugin.
It needs at least SH3D 5.2.

If you want to stay with SH3D 4.5, you will have to use the version 1.6 of my plugin.

Or you change the applicationMinimumVersion property in AdvancedEditing.sh3p/META-INF/ApplicationPlugin.properties and hope for the best (I don't know if the parts of the SH3D API I use in my plugin differ between both version).
[Jul 6, 2016, 3:20:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 47   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved