Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5890 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Lots of "Work" maps

Emmanuel,

When re-arranging my files (see two earlier posts) I checked the eteks work directory. I found there are 29 files there.

Are these "left over" after a crash? Can I delete them without any problem? Most have a "prefix" of 2500, the last ones 2600. I guess that's the version number?

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 10, 2010, 3:43:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Lots of "Work" maps

Are these "left over" after a crash?
Probably. I programmed some kind of function that would delete automatically outdated temporary files, but didn't release this feature because I felt that auto-deletion was too dangerous.
If some programmers are reading this thread, I would be pleased to share ideas about this feature. See getDefaultTemporaryFolder method in OperatingSystem class and don't hesitate to comment my ideas.

Can I delete them without any problem?
Yes, once you exited Sweet Home 3D and/or its online version.

Most have a "prefix" of 2500, the last ones 2600. I guess that's the version number?
Right guess. wink
I used this prefix to let me change temporary files management in future versions without preventing users from using older versions.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 10, 2010, 5:15:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved