Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5311 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Some small requests?

Emmanuel:

1 - Making a model, I noticed that elevation only takes 1 decimal, while most other values take 3 decimals. Is it a problem to change elevation so that it accepts more than 1 decimal?
2 - Would it be possible to move the "Doors/window" checkbox from the import dialogue to the modify furniture dialogue? Now I have many double objects: once insertable, once non-insertable. With the new multiple windows in a wall, this would be a nice feature.
3 - The same could be done for the "Movable" check-box. I noticed several people asking to enable locking for objects. Maybe it can be done that way?

One way of achieving this could be to add an "Advanced" tab to the Modify window. Clicking the tab would allow access to these "advanced" features without making the original Modify window too complex.

If such an Advanced tab is feasible, There are a few other things that could be added there (in some distant future), like:
4 - Transparency;
5 - Applying and managing bump maps to increase photo realism;
6 - Lighting (so you can make a lamp with in-built light, and rotate the lamp without changing its light strength);
7 - Everything else that will spring to mind.

Xmas is getting near :-)

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 1, 2010, 1:55:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Some small requests?

Making a model, I noticed that elevation only takes 1 decimal, while most other values take 3 decimals. Is it a problem to change elevation so that it accepts more than 1 decimal?
The decimal count depends on the current scale and you can always edit this value and its decimals with furniture modification dialog.

2 - Would it be possible to move the "Doors/window" checkbox from the import dialogue to the modify furniture dialogue? Now I have many double objects: once insertable, once non-insertable. With the new multiple windows in a wall, this would be a nice feature.
I'm not against that but what should happen when the modification dialog is closed and you chose to set an item as a door or a window? Should its hole in the wall be computed again? Won't this bring some bizarre behavior?

3 - The same could be done for the "Movable" check-box. I noticed several people asking to enable locking for objects. Maybe it can be done that way?
I foresee to include in the locked plan all unmovable items (at this time only doors and windows are locked), because it sounds logical this way and there aren't so much unmovable objects in a real house. Then you're right, adding a Movable check box in furniture modification dialog would help the users who want to lock an item. Not sure it's the best idea to mix movable and locked concepts though... confused

One way of achieving this could be to add an "Advanced" tab to the Modify window. Clicking the tab would allow access to these "advanced" features without making the original Modify window too complex.
Adding tabs to the dialog is probably the easiest way to show apart these advanced parameters...

Xmas is getting near :-)
At this time, Santa Clause needs to earn some real money to buy some real food and some real gifts to his kids. Didn't you know that Santa has some kids too? wink
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 15, 2010, 9:39:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Some small requests?

Emmanuel,

I had to think a bit about some of your replies.

2 - Would it be possible to move the "Doors/window" checkbox from the import dialogue to the modify furniture dialogue?

Maybe this is a solution to your question:
- leave the check box in the import window, so that basic behaviour is the same;
- add a (second, identical) check box in the advanced tab (if and when it comes);
- as long as the inserted object isn't moved, its behaviour stays the same; the moment you move the object holes in walls are recalculated.

3 - The same could be done for the "Movable" check-box.

I unchecked "Movable" for one of my models and played a bit with it. I can't notice any difference. What exactly does the "Movable" property do? Does it apply only to doors/windows?

4 - Transparency

I noticed PNG transparency is now supported. I still have to play with this.

Didn't you know that Santa has some kids too?

I checked your CV and now know that you have two kids. I certainly would hope that SH3D (soon) will generate enough spin-off to buy them all the presents you are prepared to give them.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 1, 2010, 8:56:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved