Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20917 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
kumax

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
biggrin My photos on the wall..

.. and some other things! biggrin

I allways wanted to know how my photos would look like on the wall as a big prints. This way I found SH3D and there are some of my renders. :)

(some of the pictures have a small touch of Photoshop)
(all photos used on the walls (and on the monitor screen) they are my own)

This pictures were used for the "Mafia" project we've done with my friends for fun. cool

[Aug 28, 2010, 10:48:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: My photos on the wall..

What a gallery! biggrin
Thank you for sharing these beautiful images.
I love the smoke effect you added with Photoshop.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 28, 2010, 11:53:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Beautiful!!!
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 28, 2010, 1:15:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

Wow, I love the pictures. Great work. The tower picture is of Malaysia's Twin Towers, no? The Petronas Towers? I'm staying in KL right now, and see those towers every day. Great picture of them!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by whippetsleek at Aug 28, 2010, 9:24:26 PM]
[Aug 28, 2010, 9:20:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kumax

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! smile

(Yes, it's my HDR photo of Petronas, you've got a good eye! cool )
[Aug 29, 2010, 10:01:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Hi kumax,

Some fantastic renders! I also used Sweet Home to see how some of my photographs would look before hanging them. Not keen on the murder 'scene of crime' but like how you effectively used grunge style textures for the walls. Really appreciate your brilliant PP Photoshop work in the others! smile

I was hoping we would be able to add volumetric effects to Sweet Home, but it seems that Sunflow (the current render engine) doesn't support them.

After your renders, did you proceed to have some big prints made of your photos?

db4tech

Edit:
Forgot to ask. In your first image, did you use a landscape model, build your own landscape mesh in another program or is it a photo?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by db4tech at Aug 30, 2010, 2:01:16 PM]
[Aug 30, 2010, 1:58:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kumax

I've tried to render the scenes in Blender for better light results, but I'm still not a friend with the program (it means I still don't know how to do it.. angel ) so I had to add some light effects with Ps.
Now I'm experimenting with some render plugins (Advanced, Uber, Phong) and with extra lights, but my computer don't like it.. laughing I have 4 cores in my AMD phenom, but (as everybody knows) AMD fries a lot and so my PC shuts down often within rendering because the temperature on cores is too hight. crying

No no.. I don't have any big prints of my pictures. smile I wanted to know how it looks because I sell my photos for the prints. And a few months ago, someone bought a really big framed print of my "greek photo" (the orange waterscape on the first picture) so I was really curious how my photo may looks on someones wall. biggrin
And the answer for your last question - yes, it is a reall photo from my last summer holidays in Greece.
You can see all my used photos (and some others too) in my deviantArt gallery. smile
[Aug 31, 2010, 9:47:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

I've tried to render the scenes in Blender for better light results, but I'm still not a friend with the program (it means I still don't know how to do it.. angel ) so I had to add some light effects with Ps.
Blender does have a very steep learning curve. I'm waiting for the final version of 3.5 (3.6, or whatever version the final is) before I really start spending time with it.

Now I'm experimenting with some render plugins (Advanced, Uber, Phong) and with extra lights, but my computer don't like it.. laughing
If it is helpful, you don't need to spend time trying all those different plug-ins. smile The uber and phong plug-ins you mention were just a test versions. We now have a final release version AdvancedRendering-1.6.sh3p or for users with lower resolution displays, there is AdvancedRenderingMini-1.6.sh3p (A smaller interface version of the first plugin)

As you may have read, phong was dropped because it had lots of limitations, plus uber can do everything phong can do and more! The plug-ins I linked to supperceeds all other rendering plug-ins, because they contain both shiny, and uber shaders.

Glossy setting = shiny shader.
Silk setting = uber shader.

For most renders the Glossy setting will be enough and is also faster.
If your scene contains any diffused surfaces or metals that you would like rendering correctly then you need to choose Silk.

If you've not already done so, you will also need to download either BasicLights.sh3f or
BacicPlusExtraLights.sh3f (As the name implies, the BasicPlusExtraLights also contains the BasicLights and adds lots of others) If you want to enable full light control.

I have 4 cores in my AMD phenom, but (as everybody knows) AMD fries a lot and so my PC shuts down often within rendering because the temperature on cores is too hight. crying
I used to have AMD, and yes they do get quite warm! sad If you are able to and are still using the stock cooler, you really should consider a 3rd party cooler, they make a big difference to temps. Even so it shouldn't be overheating and shutting down?? The computer should throttle the CPU to reduce temps, overheating and shutting down is usually only a last resort.

Have you tweaked the BIOS at all or are you using default settings?

Is the computer in a hot environment?

Is there a good air flow around the case?

I sell my photos for the prints. And a few months ago, someone bought a really big framed print of my "greek photo" (the orange waterscape on the first picture) so I was really curious how my photo may looks on someones wall. biggrin
Sounds great! smile

Thank you for the link.

db4tech
[Aug 31, 2010, 2:17:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kumax

I'm going to buy some 3rd party cooler for my case and maybe for the CPU too. My BIOS has default settings and I'm pretty sure the cause of shutting down is overheating. After shutting down my poor computer has still his fans on and that is noise! laughing

I'm using the light plugins and it's the best thing. I had a problem with so dark pictures, but with the lights I can sipmply customize the light conditions. Thank you for it!

[Sep 10, 2010, 4:36:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
chuck

Hi biggrin
This is brilliant work dude. I know i am a little late.. I couldnt help it . Let me come to point ,the photoshop work you did just adds to the overall beauty. I guess i could come up with things like this. Thanks for sharing your valuable ideas.
Cheers cool
[Sep 24, 2010, 5:33:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved