Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3343 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
white0demon

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New plugin

Hello, I was thinking about contributing to the project with a plugin for a start. An idea that came to me while using sweet home 3d is to have a copy style option that will copy only the texture or colour (whichever is active).
What do you think of that idea? If you have other ideas, and also if this one is already completed and I missed it, please let me know.
[Aug 20, 2010, 11:21:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

Re: New plugin

I think it would make it Sweeter Home 3D ;-) Afaik, it isn't already there, but I may be mistaken.

I have a lot of ideas for plugins (but no talent to make one). Like Object Snaps / Grid Snaps. Or Layer/Management Tools. But these may be more of a 'Google Summer of Code' project.
[Aug 20, 2010, 12:27:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: New plugin

Thank you for your proposal. wink

Creating a plug-in able to paste the color and texture of the clipboard items to the currently selected items could be a nice idea to start.
From the forum and the feature requests, here are other ideas requested by users that could be achieved with a plug-in:
- Save/Restore viewpoints (I foresaw to develop this in the coming months but you can create your own system if you want to).
- Join two selected walls.
- Split walls around rooms to ensure no piece of a continuous wall is shared by multiple rooms, and paint the walls around a room or compute the walls area of a room.
- Design the shape of a new room by triangulation.
- Import from various 3D formats like Blender, DWG (supporting additional format can also be done with a dedicated Java 3D loader).
- Export to other 3D formats like Collada, VRML...

To finish, I don't believe you can program a plug-in that will span to the grid items while the user draws them. In the current architecture, a plug-in can't modify how mouse behaves in the program.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 20, 2010, 6:28:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved