Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13798 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: User lamp control

Ah! my young padawan, you learn quickly! wink
Yes I noticed the wall.

Oh! Just spotted (on my render) that we have a regression bug, plus I can replicate it every time. sad

Where is the sconce model from, is it archive3d.net?

db4tech
[Aug 28, 2010, 9:06:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

It is my own design, and I'll try attaching it in this post. I started fresh from the orignal lamp scone, because the mesh was just to weird, so I made my own version of it in Sketch up. The mesh is much smoother, but I have to admit the idea was a friend of mine who made the original in Blender as a 3ds file. Anyone can use this if they like, and let me know if anyone does not have Sketch up, and I'll convert it into 3ds for them.
----------------------------------------
Attachment lamp1.skb (78764 bytes) (Download count: 389)

[Edit 3 times, last edit by whippetsleek at Aug 28, 2010, 9:18:06 PM]
[Aug 28, 2010, 9:12:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Found out that if I remove the 'Plate, glasses and cutlery' models the render completes without problem.

PS: Sketchup I don't use. So 3DS convert you must! smile

Thank you,

db4tech
[Aug 28, 2010, 9:28:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

Here you go... Also put in a zipped obj file if anyone finds that easier to work with.

And you should try Sketch up, it is a cute little program. tongue Of course it is not as good as AOI but it is easier to use, and change textures with. And Master Yoda Tech you not be if the ways of Sketch you do not learn... smile

And BTW, Thank you for attaching the glass top. I am trying to correct the file with your glass top for the table now. I'll post a picture when, if, I get it done. The table base is a dae file, and I'm having trouble with converting the meshes in Obj form. Some of the faces just disappear. I'm guessing that is due to the differences in assigning 3d coordinates between the two file types, but I don't really know. But I do like the color of the glass top, so hopefully it will work soon... lol
Attachment lamp1.3ds (17300 bytes) (Download count: 371)

Attachment lamp1.zip (18907 bytes) (Download count: 531)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by whippetsleek at Aug 28, 2010, 9:55:44 PM]
[Aug 28, 2010, 9:45:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

I was told of a problem with the 3ds file for the scone. It won't let me edit the download, so I would just like to let people here know that the above 3ds file is no good. I'm not sure what happened, but I will try to fix the 3ds file, and repost it. The Object file works great for me, and if you experience a problem with it, please let me know. Thanks!

Or if Puybaret would be kind enough to just delete the download or attachment?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by whippetsleek at Sep 3, 2010, 7:46:19 PM]
[Sep 3, 2010, 7:45:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved