Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15335 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
indyj1453

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
angry saving a project as a "jpeg"

I have been working on a project for a kitchen and I am limited to the "*.***" as a "save" option and no way to email the basic plan to another computer.....How does one get a save option other than the available options allowed by your pogram. I am used to another program that has sinse been lost due to an extended period of time away from the computer due to throat cancer and several subsequent relocations. With the other program I was able to save as .jpg and print/send initial copies to other computers. I would like to do the same here, is that possible? HELP!
[Aug 17, 2010, 9:27:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: saving a project as a "jpeg"

Indy:

You can't make JPG's, but you can make PNG's. Depending on which version you use....
- online version:
- - click on the camera icon and you can make a snapshot of the image displayed in the 3D window.
- - if you don't want the overhead view, right-click in the 3D view and select "virtual visitor". move around until you have the desired view and then select the camera.

- installed version:
- - select 3D view --> Create photo .

Good luck. Oh yeah... there's a tutorial , some people read it before asking obvious questions.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Aug 17, 2010, 10:10:53 PM]
[Aug 17, 2010, 10:09:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
indyj1453

I would love to use the tutorial but it will not load. The computer just sits without any operation to load the tutorial, Hans. I am pretty good on the computer as a a++ tech myself so it's not that I'm like most of your "typical" users. I know how to get around but this is seemingly difficult for a program that does so many other "typical" designing procedures with the exception of two very simple procedures necessary for "ease of use" like, save and email options.
[Aug 17, 2010, 10:48:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

IT is a free program, and people answer question as volunteers, it is counter productive to get annoyed or even a little miffed at any answers you recieve. I'm not a programmer or even an IT person, but I find the program very easy to use. Email options are not universal, and always depends on the attachment having a "standard" file extention like JPG or Gif usually to be read in others computers, but that isn't much of an option for Open source freeware, since you have to remember about licensing and copyright issues.

You can save your project as an obj file and email that you know....

[Aug 19, 2010, 6:57:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You can also choose File > Save and compress menu item and send the SH3D file by email yourself. The recipient will just have to install Sweet Home 3D.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 19, 2010, 9:33:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved