Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10559 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
TomStretches

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Rendering of my planned Master Bathroom

Here is the latest rendering of my bathroom model. I've been learning SweetHome by creating this and loving every minute of it. I will post a rendering of the current bathroom later, which shows a solid wall & solid door where the glass wall & door are in this model.

Hope you like it!
Tom
[Jul 1, 2010, 5:50:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Rendering of my planned Master Bathroom

Tom:

Most definitely do I like it!!
Tell us a bit more about how you did it? Which lights? Which rendering?
What about the transparency of the glass?

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 1, 2010, 6:22:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TomStretches

USA

Hey Hans, thanks for the compliment.

I actually did nothing very complex at all. I found a sink that was close to what I want and stuck it on top of a bookshelf I think. Found lights that look similar to the style that I want. I created shower controls and shower head with the cylinder object from the models download page.

The fanciest part is probably the floor and wall tiles. I photographed my actual floor and wall tiles and then imported them as textures. Then I applied them as textures to the floor and walls.

As for lighting, I have done no fancy lighting yet. I plan to use the "Create Advanced Photo" option next with lamp lights that I guess I can just put inside my wall sconces. But so far I've simply used the "Create Photo" option at Best quality.

As for the transparent glass, I used the "Shower Door" model from the 3D Models Import page and simply changed "usemtl aqua" to "usemtl white", and I deleted the hinges and handle to make the simple glass walls. I wanted to place frosted glass on the glass door but db4tech says it's not possible:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,1587

So instead of frosted glass, I just did "usemtl grey".

Oh, to make the shower niche I used the "Service hatch" object from "Doors & Windows" and just stuck some bottles on it.

One of my favorite objects is the clear drinking glass!

More to come once I use the Advanced Photo tool!
Tom
[Jul 4, 2010, 4:03:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Hey Tom,

Looking good! smile

Will be interesting to see how it looks with lighting added. Yes you can place lights in side other objects, as long as they are positioned carefully so a hole of some sort is available for the light rays to escape. Placing lights inside a closed glass objects will result in no light being rendered.

db4tech

Edit to add link:
PS: If you don't already have them installed, these might be helpful for you.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by db4tech at Jul 5, 2010, 4:01:06 AM]
[Jul 5, 2010, 3:56:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
brock

Brasil

Ficou ótimo, a Renderização, Iluminação... Perfeito!
As vezes parece ser inacreditável que aquele programa possa fazer isso... Parabéns!!!
[Jul 21, 2010, 11:48:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TomStretches

USA

Hey Guys, sorry for the long delay in posting back. The remodel has started and I'm busy! However, I have experimented with lights, but just the simple lights right now.

db4tech, thanks for the link to the better lights. When I have time, I will surely use them. Just been distracted, but my first light experiments were very successful and I'm learning a lot.

brock, all I can say is "Je ne parle pas francais." Hablo un poco espanol, pero no mucho.

So here's the latest update, which shows my lighting experiments. I've been putting them everywhere, since it seems that light does not bounce around Sweethome rooms like in a real room. Or something like that.

I hope to be back soon with more. Thanks again for all of your help and support. What a fantastic community you all are!
Tom

[Jul 29, 2010, 6:18:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved