Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10395 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
leobee

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
love struck Wish Calculate the cost

wish sweet 3d can get the cost if I creat my model.
[Jun 22, 2010, 2:40:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Wish Calculate the cost

Sweet Home 3D can handle prices internally but this feature is not activated by default. No furniture and other items have a price, so how could it be possible to display prices or compute a cost? I'm ok to change the default settings in a future version of Sweet Home 3D, so make some proposals here about your needs and how you would like it to work.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 22, 2010, 5:11:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
leobee

http://www.tuotuohome.com/design/.
[Jun 23, 2010, 1:32:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

leobee:

This is an ENGLISH forum. Unfortunately not many of us can read those characters on the tuotuo-website...

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 23, 2010, 4:05:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

leobee, please describe what you want. The link you provide doesn't help.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 23, 2010, 5:21:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
polo2010

Denmark

Is it possible to add some fields to

1) Furniture Modification Wizard

Like before Name "name" add an "Item Number" and a "Price field"

F.ex: Item no 100 name Sink 40x60 Price xx$

This will show under Columnm display in lower left hand corner!If is it has a price. If sink has no price then it will be empty .

2) When clicking an item you get the "Modify Furniture" box, where you can turn off/on "display in in plan"... If sink had no price you can add a price here! F.ex. Item Tabletop has no individual price - but I can add a price now since I know the dimensions!

3) In the toolbar you have Furniture and in the dropdown menu at the buttom "display Column" here you could turn on/off the item number and the price.

4) When printing: Is it then possible to clean the list so only item no and name and price will show in the print and from there
calculate the total sum (plus extra field for evt. taxes and/or work servise, delivery, etc.)

I know SH3D is an interior design program and not a database or invoice/bookkeeping/inventory/online shopping system, but it could be helpful to organise your invoice to get some money from a client for your work.

When printing you can then have 2 lists - a work item list, that list everything you have in your drawings and an invoice list that shows only the items the client has to pay for.

Poul
[May 3, 2011, 10:40:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ebobea0382

Dominican Republic

I admire very much the work on this program, so friendly. On this reguard, better than the cost of the furniture, I was just wondering if one could have a total perimeter of construction and then input a value for the materials in your area, I see one can change currency on it, and it has Dominican pesos there (flattering). Here in the island people construct with block because or hurricane season (we've had a couple of years chance...), I just thought like, wow, this program is amazing, all that needs is some algorithm that divides the dimensions of the walls between the dimension of the construction material and multiply it by the cost of that material (input) at that point in time. Anything else I can help with, I'd be glad, but again thanks to the great people behind this awesomeness.
[Jun 13, 2022, 11:11:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@ebobea0382
I think You could use:
- Autodimensioning plugin for build area,
then
- Rooms Information plugin for perimeter.
- Export CSV then open in a spreadsheet program where You can do what operations You want.
(If I correctly understand, usually don't)
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jun 14, 2022, 11:14:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ebobea0382

Dominican Republic

Neat, thanks a lot laughing biggrin , very much appreciate your advice.
Now let me ask you, if I was to incorporate this into Sweet Home 3D, like a tab that would give me this information, imagine I have all the time in the world (which I don't XD) to get this done, please summarize the most important steps (in 3 or 5, if possible) how could I get that done.
The way you explain could be far simpler, but for the sake of learning, I hope this can get me somewhere with little programming I understand. I just hope I make it clear enough. Thanks for all your support, sir.
[Jun 14, 2022, 8:43:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@ebobea0382
You could make a specific plugin .
I suggest to use Jeks for this.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jun 15, 2022, 9:32:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved