Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 224
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1244966 times and has 223 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor Beta released

'special version with ID' it would be great.

I sent you a link to that special version. I'll try to add a preference in a future version to change the list of editable columns.

You shouldn't by any chance keep one of those ID specials 1.14 lying around smile ? (Clearly not a priority, but it was very nice.... But then, you have probably guessed that I prefer as many options as possible to avoid having to open the .properties file all the time.)
[Jun 14, 2014, 1:49:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the special version 1.14 of the editor with IDs. Maybe, one day I'll add the list of editable columns in editor's preferences… wink

[Note from developer: the special version with IDs was updated on 01/19/2017]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jan 19, 2017, 9:26:46 AM]
[Jun 14, 2014, 2:19:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Perfect, thanks.
Maybe, one day I'll add the list of editable columns in editor's preferences…
It has my vote smile - or just an "Open .properties file in Editor...". But I do understand it is not a priority. ok
[Jun 14, 2014, 3:10:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Caution! There was a regression in version 1.14 where lights with multiple sources weren't saved correctly anymore. I fixed the bug and released the source and jar files of the Furniture Library Editor (including the special version with IDs) under the same file names, but changed the version displayed in the About dialog box to 1.14a.
Sorry for any problem it may have cause. sad
[Jun 14, 2014, 3:28:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sree.arun.kr
Advanced Member

INDIA

Next time updating please include build version like v1.14.02 and it is mandatory to add 'zero' for lower versions to avoid confusion.
angel.

[Jun 14, 2014, 6:18:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

There's no absolute rule on version numbering.
My current rule is to use a letter when I overwrite a very recent update, and this letter appears only in About dialog and source code, to let users check their version.
[Jun 14, 2014, 6:48:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TNTDAVID

France

Sorry from my incorrect English.

I am French and my job is 3D Computer graphic designer.
I work under SketchUp and I wish to share collections of kitchen furniture IKEA on 3D Sweet home.

With Library Editor 1.14, I have 3 problems

1) The import of one 3D models with a compound name of more than 2 figures is always reappointed: example: " BA 115 " will be called to " BA 11 "

How to avoid this error ?

2) The recording of libraries in the format "sh3f" is sometimes impossible.
Is it of for an excess large number of models in the library ?
If yes how many models are authorized at the most?

3) When I import a file "sh3f" create with library Editor on 3D Sweet man, the file is imported with the "Unknown" name.

How to attribute a name to the library for example " KITCHEN IKEA "?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Cordially

David Barros
On www.composant-dynamique.com create the kitchen of your dreams.
[Jul 24, 2014, 4:45:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I'm not sure you use this tool correctly...
First be sure to install a .sh3f file in Sweet Home 3D with Furniture > Import furniture library menu item.
In the Furniture Library Editor, if the default names of the 3D models you imported don't match what you expect, simply rename them by double clicking on the line of the 3D model you want to change.
[Jul 24, 2014, 9:25:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TNTDAVID

France

As a video is better than a length talks:

http://youtu.be/ilbTAuKVlpo

One can see the error on the name of the 3-digit products which pass 2-digit and the library, named "Unknown" instead of "IKEA KITCHEN".

Consequently he is impossible for me to create several libraries.

Is it normal?

Cordially

David Barros
On www.composant-dynamique.com create the kitchen of your dreams.
[Jul 26, 2014, 4:03:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

You miss few steps. The name of file is not the same with name of category. In same file you could have more category.
After you load the furniture in furniture library editor, select all and then click on modify selected furniture (the 8 icon from left); in the new window edit the category name. You must see it in the category column (the 4 col.). Now you can save Your library under whatever name you want. When you import it in sh3d will see the category name not the name of the file.
dorin
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jul 28, 2014, 7:38:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved