Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 224
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1241406 times and has 223 replies Next Thread
damcar

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor Beta released

Hi Puybaret,Hans and others

I'm new to Sweet Home 3D and realy like it, but for the moment, I’m not getting very far!

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of Sweet Home 3D (Version 3.7 Java Web Start). I have the latest Java version installed (1.7.0_09). And it works OK.

I downloaded FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.9.jar and when I double-click on it My Nokia Suite opens!

So I next tried to open the file with the same java file that Sweet Home 3D uses (javaws.exe) but I get a window “Application Error. Unable to launch the application” with two buttons [OK] & [Details]
When I click on “details”:
Under “launch file” it says “PK”.
Under “Exception”, it says:
JNLParseException[ Could not parse launch file. Error at line 0.]
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.XMLFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
and under “Wrapped Exception” it says:
Failed to find the '<' charater that marks the end of a CDATA element. Exception parsing xml at line 0
at com.sun.deploy.xml.XMLParser.skipPCData(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.xml.XMLParser.nextToken(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.xml.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

also tried to open it with javaw.exe – nothing happens!
Also tried to open it with javacpl.exe – and I get the Java Control Panel opening!
Also tried to open it with java.exe – and I get what looks like a DOS window open for about half a second, then nothing.
Also tried to open it with jabswitch.exe – and nothing happens!
There are other “exe” files in the same folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin) but none of them have the “java” logo.

I then tried, on the “run” command (Win 7Pro 64 bit): java -jar FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.9.jar and got the DOS window open for about half a second, then nothing.

I have read each entry on each of the three pages in the forum, but can’t see any other suggestions referring to my problem.

Does anybody have any ideas?
Best regards,
DamCar
[Jan 19, 2013, 4:02:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Don't use javaws.exe.
Use java -jar followed with the full path of FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.9.jar
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 20, 2013, 3:31:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
damcar

Thanks for the reply, Puybaret.

Got it - but not the first time! I thought it might help others if I explain what I had to do…

So as you suggested, I pasted in the run command “java -jar D:\Downloads\architecture_sweet home\FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.9.jar” (without the “” and got what looked like a DOS window for about half a second, then nothing.

I tried launching SH3D and then running the command prompt again. Still no better.

I then copied the file FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.9.jar onto the C drive and ran the command “java -jar C:\FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.9.jar” and it worked!

So either the file needs to be on the same drive as java **OR** my path was too long for the thing to work.
Thanks again for your help.
Best regards
DamCar.
[Jan 21, 2013, 9:15:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As requested by okh, here's a beta of the next version 1.12 of the Furniture Library Editor with a quick description of the updates/bug fixes it brings:
- Added the Merge tool to merge the current library with an other one
- Fixed a bug that always changed the category of an edited set of furniture belonging to different categories
- Fixed a bug that didn't updated furniture sort and selection when localized data was changed
- Added the ability to reset the value of optional fields for items edited individually
- Added the Keywords/Tags column available to add some searchable words
- Limited decimal count to 5 in saved numbers (count of decimals for 1/16' = 0.15875 cm)
- Didn't reset staircase cut out shape to its default value when multiple models with a different shape are modified.
[Oct 15, 2013, 11:45:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks - and congratulations. Downloaded and peeked at, will have a closer look later.

In addition to the bugfixes, I am especially pleased about the Keywords/Tags!

In fact, the more properties are available, the better. Even if it is true that it probably would be confusing for many. Maybe a compromise could be a function that simply opened PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties in the default editor? That way accessing remaining properties would be much quicker for those so inclined.

You really have been busy - know it is appreciated.

ok
[Oct 15, 2013, 12:30:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Forgot to mention that the beta version of the Furniture Library Editor doesn't erase the new doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property.
[Oct 15, 2013, 11:55:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The beta 2 of the next version 1.12 of the Furniture Library Editor lets you edit the cut out shape of doors and windows, when one object is modified. Will be happy to read your feedback about it... smile
[Oct 29, 2013, 10:09:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Meaning that changing to SVG window paths at the same time will delete the others?

Thanks. Looks good. Much easier than opening .properties file.

ok

PS I guess users who edit SVG cutouts, may also want to change other doorOrWindow properties (and lightsource), so I don't think you should be too afraid of including the more advanced properties too (especially ID which is a pain to add manually), just put them far down in the window saying "optional/advanced".
[Oct 30, 2013, 9:14:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your tests smile

Meaning that changing to SVG window paths at the same time will delete the others?
Of course not, it means that if you select two or more items in the furniture list and try to modify them, then the Customized cut out shape fields for doors and windows won't appear in the modification dialog box.

I don't think you should be too afraid of including the more advanced properties too (especially ID which is a pain to add manually), just put them far down in the window saying "optional/advanced".
I didn't include these properties in the Furniture Library Editor because I fear they would be complicated to understand and handle, but because it would take some time to program a modification dialog box able to display and manage these properties in the Editor. But if you and others are interested, that should appear one day...
At the opposite, if you need to edit IDs, I can easily deliver to you a special version of the program that will let you edit that information (it's just an hidden information).
[Oct 30, 2013, 11:47:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks.

Yes, please, special version with ID would be a great help (especially for sharing models later).

ok
[Oct 30, 2013, 11:58:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved