Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 224
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1244909 times and has 223 replies Next Thread
kilill

Norway
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor released

Importing a furniture on a 4k screen will create an incorrect icon,
seems the icon picture/screenshot is taken from a region above left of the library editor window, same happens if moving the icon the editor.
This does not happen on a non 4k screen
[Oct 8, 2022, 12:41:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
madame_draco

United States

After I tried using this tool, I re-imported a couple of the edited furniture libraries. SH replaced the deleted items with a big red X and then crashed. It will no longer open. I've uninstalled, reinstalled the latest version, installed version 6, and still nothing. Using on Windows 10. Is there some glitch I'm missing? Do ".JAR" files open with Sweet Home or with Java as a default? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Suggestions?
[Feb 19, 2023, 11:00:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
madame_draco

United States

Edit to previous post. Here's the error log I get:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -326
at java.util.ArrayList.elementData(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.ContentDigestManager.getResourceContentSize(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.ContentDigestManager.getContentSize(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.DefaultFurnitureCatalog.readPieceOfFurniture(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.DefaultFurnitureCatalog.readFurniture(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.DefaultFurnitureCatalog.readPluginFurnitureCatalog(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.DefaultFurnitureCatalog.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.FileUserPreferences.readFurnitureCatalogFromResource(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.FileUserPreferences$4.run(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.FileUserPreferences$1.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.FileUserPreferences.updateFurnitureDefaultCatalog(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.FileUserPreferences.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D$2.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D.getUserPreferences(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D.init(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3DBootstrap.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[Feb 20, 2023, 6:06:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You shouldn’t edit the libraries stored in private folders of Sweet Home 3D while you use Sweet Home 3D itself. I wonder if it was your case.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 21, 2023, 7:15:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
madame_draco

United States

It wasn't but that's okay for now. I had to set my computer back to factory in order to reinstall SH3D and have it work. Going to be far more careful from here on out.
[Apr 15, 2023, 7:03:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
excitedbox

Awesome, tool.

I would be forever greatful if you would add a direct or batch import from a website like 3dwarehouse.

It would be so nice to not have to download each model, unzip it, and import it individually.

When building a custom model library you may need hundreds of models and cutting all these steps out of the process would make it so much easier.

I was thinking maybe a search box, and the results have a thumbnail with hover to expand, a short description, and a checkbox to mark items you want to import.

This would speed up library creation greatly, and I believe would be well worth the effort.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
[May 6, 2023, 2:25:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Some time ago, I asked in SketchUp forum whether there was a way to explore and download the 3D models they propose on 3D Warehouse from a program, but I never got an answer sad
Nevertheless, I tried on my side and found how to do it. But now, Trimble permits to download 3D models only by registered users, probably meaning that they want to limit this traffic.
Maybe waking up the subject I started in SketchUp to get an official answer could help to get an official answer.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 7, 2023, 10:18:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vinci68

France

@Puybaret,
Indeed, I use Sketchup in parallel with SH3D to create the furniture I need, and to connect to the 3D Warehouse / Trimble you must be registered...
[May 8, 2023, 1:34:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sameh_84

Egypt

Thank you very much for the great tool, but may I as to add a preview section when selecting any obj. instead of hovering the mouse over the image to show and also will be useful to preview items when scrolling with keyboard arrows.

Thanks in advance
[Jun 30, 2023, 12:54:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Interesting feature for those who use the latest version with the added description field: You can use html tags in the description!

This allows to make a part of the description bold or cursive with the b and i tags or add a line break (br). I use it to add the library name in bold followed by a line-break if there is more description info.
[Aug 4, 2023, 10:44:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved