Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 224
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1241391 times and has 223 replies Next Thread
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor released

I can confirm, that the staircase posted by dorin does not cut a L-shaped opening (SH3D 6.5 - Ubuntu 20.04).
But the L-shaped staircases from the library do exactly what they should do - a L-shaped opening.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Apr 23, 2021, 9:41:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

(I choose "Staircase")
Why?
1. I use only linux (pure debian).
2. The file I've send is a sh3f file not only a simple furniture so you don't need to chose the category.
Menu -> Furniture -> Import furniture library...
(Is next after Import furniture...)
All you need is to import furniture library not only the object.
I don't find any other reason to don't work.
Try!
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 24, 2021, 7:35:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

@Birdy - I downloaded the file, it installs and works as it should. Nice L-shaped cut-out.

@Dorin - Give your models the same name as the file and/or include your own name as creator. I had to try 5 stairs before I found yours.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 24, 2021, 8:01:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@hansmex You're rigth but in this particular case is not my model.
All I've do was to modify the library made by gr1nch and was destined to him.
It was a test file and I don't want to sine others work.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Apr 24, 2021, 8:20:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

(I choose "Staircase")
Why?

Because this is what humans intuitively do! I want to import ONE piece of furniture, so I choosed "import furniture". This is totally logical behavior (it seems gr1nch did the same)!

But you're right, I should have known that a library can also have only one piece in it. I should have known as an experienced user that the .sh3f file should be imported via "import furniture library". But even my experience did not overdrive my intuitively behavior.

So, let's say this is not really a bug but a week point of SH3D. Or a point for the "to do list"...
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Apr 24, 2021, 12:19:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@Birdy
You're also right BUT was my fault to don't be more specific when I post my reply; I've induce error!!
So, let's say this is not really a bug but a week point of SH3D. Or a point for the "to do list"...

Well, make a proposal.
Is not very intuitive but for me is enough.
Anyway, could be improve with our contribution.
[Apr 24, 2021, 3:45:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gr1nch

United Kingdom

Guys, that was it! Importing the file as a Library worked. I removed all previous related articles and libraries, before I did so. Now a lovely L-shaped hole in the floor. Bit odd that I can't get rid of a strip of carpet where the stairs touch the wall (despite the lower wall being raised higher than necessary and the stairs moved as close to the wall as permitted). I'm happy with the result though and look forward to getting this into my Home Assistant (automation) set up.

Thanks all!
[Apr 24, 2021, 8:08:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LunaCrescent

Germany

Hello,
I have a problem with the editor, it's like it's stuck or something whenever I change anything so if I choose a different language or try to adjust the column width the top and the toolbar will be stuck. The actual rows will change with scrolling to the new view but I can't change the top with anything, I tried resizing the window and minimizing/maximizing (that just ended me up with all being black)

This is how it looks, you can see where I haven't scrolled yet (starting at line 13)

I have win 10, 64-bit, latest java update and latest version of this 1,27 although the older versions show the same problem. It used to work fine for me about a year ago (I didn't need it again till now)

Is this a program bug or something on my end?
Also, offtopic, is there any program to edit these furniture libraries in some kind of texteditor, like html with it all being just code?

Thanks in advance!
[May 30, 2021, 12:40:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

This sounds a little like bug #684 but I don't remember someone reporting it for the Furniture Library Editor. Depending on your system, try to turn off Nahimic service or MSI afterburner / Riva Turner / Discord / NVidia Experience monitoring display software.

About editing furniture libraries with a text editor, read the More editing: PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties section in this document.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 3, 2021, 10:29:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LunaCrescent

Germany

Hello and thanks for your help!

The main program is working fine for me (as do other programs like Blender, Sims 2 and such) it's just this one with a problem. I checked out the link to the bug and tried some things uninstalled java completely, restarted and reinstalled but that didn't change anything.
I also checked the permissions for those files and the folder everything is in and I have full access to everything (just saying since win10 loves to make problems there).
I can't find any of the things mentioned there (or by you) on my computer I checked the task processes and tried turning everything off that could be it but still no change
I have a Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and Realtek High Definition Audio (Realtek HD Audio-Manager) and NVIDIA DDS Utilities.
I'm not sure what else to try, if it were the main programm I could use compability mode but with a java app I can't select anything like that.

I also just realized this only happens with a library being open.
-If the program is just started everything is fine.
-If I add one or more objects its' fine.
-If I save those objects into a library the problem is back. Don't even have to reopen it, just saving it as a library breaks the program. (I also tried with unchanged libraries that I downloaded like Scopia, Klicker and Archibit giving the same problem)

The link how to edit the raw text is very useful and at least a backup method if I can't get this to run again thanks for that!
[Jun 3, 2021, 3:02:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved