Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 224
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1241397 times and has 223 replies Next Thread
riribreizh

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor released

Bonjour

J'ai un problème avec FurnitureLibraryEditor. Il crash dès que je veux modifier quelque chose.

Pour être sûr, j'ai chargé la bibliothèque Contributions téléchargée depuis le site, enregistré sous test.sh3f.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8nwTIz.png

Si je fais Modifier sur un élément ou si j'importe autre chose, ça plante avec le message suivant :

https://i.imgur.com/zvYDlsH.png
[Oct 11, 2020, 3:36:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thops_of_Kenya

Kenya

Hi
Thanks for a great editor. At last i can get some order in my library :)
I have one problem though, i cant open the furniture library, i get a message about that it's not a valid SH3F file, i also get that when the file i exported (all imported objects).
I don't know if it, for some reason above my knowledge, is supposed to be like this.

If it's not, it could be my fault as i, in a dark moment, added a folder with a swedish letter ( ö ), can it be that?
Especialy that folder creates a problem as the last of the objects in that can't be moved or deleted.

Can i solve this somehow ?

/Thops
[Nov 16, 2020, 9:39:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The editor is a standalone application, not a plug-in.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 16, 2020, 10:39:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Thops_of_Kenya

Kenya
applause Re: Furniture Library Editor released

Thanks for the correction of my definition.

/Thops
[Nov 17, 2020, 5:57:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gr1nch

United Kingdom

Am really enjoying using SH3D but I've been butting my head against a problem for a few hours.

I'm not getting anywhere with an L shaped SVG hole for stairs using the Furniture Library editor on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS.

Even the supplied example is not working (M0,0 v0.8 h0.5 v-0.3 h0.5 v-0.5 z) from the "L shape(d staircase)" section at http://www.sweethome3d.com/SVGPathMiniManualForSweetHome3D.pdf

This is just giving the usual rectangular hole. I've followed the instructions in the PDF - is there something that is missing there or out of date?

I've also tested with L code, e.g. M0,0 L0.5,0 L0.5,0.3 L0.3,0.3 L0.3,1.0 L0,1.0 L0,0 which works just fine in an SVG file, but again, not in an SH3D file. Any ideas?
[Apr 22, 2021, 12:48:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I just tried both shapes under Ubuntu 18 and macOS 10.14 and they worked as expected.
Did you try with Sweet Home 3D version available at SourceForge.net?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 22, 2021, 3:29:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

I have not yet tried what happens with the code you have shown, but from what i see here :-

M0,0 v0.8 h1 v-0.8 z (example is anti clockwise)

M0,0 Moveto co-ordinates 0,0
v0.8 Cut 0.8 vertically
h1 Cut 1 horizontally
v-0.8 Cut -0.8 vertically (- means up)
z Cut to start (closes)

for a rectangle you would need v and h + a z to close
[Apr 22, 2021, 9:55:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gr1nch

United Kingdom

I just tried both shapes under Ubuntu 18 and macOS 10.14 and they worked as expected.
Did you try with Sweet Home 3D version available at SourceForge.net?

That's encouraging, so I spent another hour trying everything possible to produce an L-shaped hole in the ceiling for my staircase - without success. I've tried VH encoding, L encoding, my required measurements, the example measurements and a simplified rectangular hole - all to no effect. Always, the ceiling hole is the full rectangular base dimensions. It is not possible to make it smaller. The SVG encoding seems fine. It looks like a bug at the moment. Maybe because the design file is too big? I'm at a loss to explain this lack of custom hole ability.

I'm using the latest version of SH3D, i.e. 6.5 and I've looked inside the SH3F zip file and the SVG line is preserved as expected.

Can you see if you can make an L-shaped hole in this SH3D file with this SH3F staircase?

sh3f file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jIwirVIzb22e...2J2FQqwA/view?usp=sharing

sh3d file (this is crazy big, even though it is basically one floor of 5 rooms).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w8UFLfnBV1VV...IXVNOWjW/view?usp=sharing
[Apr 23, 2021, 12:39:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Few advises:
1. When you make staircase in real life watch your head!
That's why:

Look at the head of man (184.5cm tall)
Unfortunately I've see this in real life.

staircaseCutOutShape#1=
M0,0 v0.645 h0.5 v-0.382 h0.5 v-0.258 z

The second:

staircaseCutOutShape#1=
M0,0 v0.789 h0.5 v-0.532 h0.5 v-0.258 z

2.For a precise cut out you have to make some calculations

- the red lines represent cut out
- to calculate you need to divide the needed dimension to total dimension (vertically or horizontally)
For second cut out to find first v0.789 I do 300/380 and so on.

3. When use Furniture Editor and modify a furniture move the preview a little until the program take a new shoot.
In this way you avoid the dark background.

4. Here is the modified furniture

5. In future you will have to learn how to make round corners.
Good luck cool
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 23, 2021, 9:32:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gr1nch

United Kingdom

Really appreciate the work you've done on this and I understand about stair heights, but the file you created when imported into my version of SH3D it still does not create an L-shaped opening, just the usual rectangular opening. If the L-shaped opening works for you, then the file is fine and it must, therefore be either:
* SH3D program (v6.5 on Linux) has a bug
* I'm doing something wrong with the furniture import (I choose "Staircase")
[Apr 23, 2021, 9:23:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved