Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 224
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1245105 times and has 223 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor released

Is it possible/advisable to have several entries in PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties referencing one single model?
Point was, I seem to remember that is how it is done with the light sources, but have a feeling it might not work as well with a mixed library with many models. ok
[Jan 30, 2018, 8:01:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you want to change the visible parts of a given model, you should use different MTL files changing the transparency factor in d lines (d 0 being fully transparent and d 1 fully opaque). As the MTL file used by an OBJ file must be cited in its mtllib line, you won't have any other choice that creating different OBJ files.
But it's not a problem to have different pieces citing the same value in their model...# property and a different value in their planIcon...# or doorOrWindowSash....# properties. There was a bug in the Furniture Library Editor some time ago about this but it was fixed in version 1.20.

By the way, here's a version 1.22 of the editor with IDs if needed. I promise the choice of the columns editable in the editor will end up in preferences one day [edit: removed link, IDs can now be displayed with an option in preferences]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Aug 10, 2022, 11:57:15 AM]
[Jan 30, 2018, 11:08:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks for the reply.
There was a bug in the Furniture Library Editor some time ago
Good, then my memory did not fail me completely.
..change the visible parts of a given model, you should use different MTL
Maybe I do not understand, or we are talking about different things. The d setting in .mtl, it will not help me get what I want. For instance: one model consisting of a door-frame + door, with different named colours in .obj/.mtl. I import one instance of the model and use throughout the home. Where I want the door left 'open', I change that door colour (but not frame) to invisible in the colour dialogue in SH3D. That way the frames remain and I can open and close doors by toggling the colour=invisible.

I will try a couple of options and see what works best. Thanks.

ok
[Jan 30, 2018, 3:06:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@okh I've use this feature and I've create some furniture for this.
You can try this door
https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/444/#10c5
Maybe someone could introduce this to make some animations when visit a home. When camera is near door the door start opening. Could be made it in AOI this kind of animation.
Off course only for those interested in this kind of virtual reality. I'm not!
Dorin
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jan 31, 2018, 11:05:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks for the file, Dorin. It is the same principle I use. Exploiting the set-to-invisible in the colour dialogue to hide/display construction elements e.g. for quick visualisation for a planning application: changing 30 plain windows to windows with glazing-bars. Quick to see just by hiding the glazing bar.

Using one model in different contexts can be handy, but sometimes I ponder whether it could make sense to make two catalogue entries for the same model; equip the model with different properties - for instance:

One set of properties:
name#1=Door glass 3p
model#1=/Door glass 3p/Door-glass-3p.obj

Then below, a seceond set of properties for the same model:
name#2=Door glass XXXXX2
model#2=/Door glass 3p/Door-glass-3p.obj
model#2=doorOrWindowSash....#.... etc

I have yet to decide whether this can be useful or confusing. Maybe for use with one staircase model but several entries: with different cutouts, with or without semi-transparent stair planIcon (I prefer being able to see through the stairs in the 2D plan, but not everyone would agree). ok

[Jan 31, 2018, 1:27:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

From my point of view I prefer to have more options to modify an object in contextual menu than to have 3 (or more) pretty the same furniture.
Maybe in property file to have predefined few variants and in modify furniture to chose which to display. In my case 0;45;90 degrees open.
Also for modify the cutoff in Your case.
Now is about 1000 furniture on official and at least 1000 unofficial which are used for most of us. To have 4~6000 in the library I don't think is useful.
Is only an opinion.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Feb 14, 2018, 10:21:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

It would be great if this furniture library editor also has the option to change material color or textures.
[Jul 7, 2018, 5:46:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Larz2

Denmark

It would be great if this furniture library editor also has the option to change material color or textures.

I agree with this suggestion (add same options as "Modify Furniture").

Or an option where it is possible to save changed/updated furniture into a furniture library.
[Jul 31, 2018, 7:31:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Kotbsikcom

RF

Hello. How to implement it? (or reuse the Java version embedded with Sweet Home 3D installer).Thanks!
[Feb 1, 2019, 6:58:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ctn00

sad 1.24 Mac OS Release (Crashing!)

Hi,

I'm trying to use the latest Library Editor on the recent OSX and the program just crashes whenever I try to import furniture. Not once has the program successfully imported furniture.
[Jun 4, 2019, 3:42:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved