Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 224
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1241396 times and has 223 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor Beta released

I updated Sweet Home 3D 2.5 to Beta 4 to avoid problems with temporary working files that were wrongly deleted (this happens rarely).
Now, these files are stored in the work directory of your personal application directory (eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\work under Windows, eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/work under Mac OS X and .eteks/sweethome3d/work under Linux).
Please can you confirm it works correctly on your system and that temporary files are deleted once you exited the program?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 16, 2010, 1:24:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel:

Under Ubuntu, I can see a new subdirectory called "work", next to "furniture" and "plugins". Judging by their size and number, on opening SH3D, the files from the "furniture" directory are copied into it, and deleted as soon as SH3D is closed.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 16, 2010, 2:32:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks Hans, the behavior you describe is the expected one. smile
[Jun 16, 2010, 11:22:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Emmanuel,

First chance I have had to try this..

Under Windows 7 The 'work' folder is created with a subdirectory containing temp files but the contents remain once the Sweet Home beta 5 is closed, next time Sweet Home beta 5 is launched another subdirectory with temp files is created and that remains once the app is closed.

Maybe it's just a Windows 7 thing?

Will try XP under visualization when get chance.

db4tech
[Edit 1 times, last edit by db4tech at Jun 16, 2010, 9:49:04 PM]
[Jun 16, 2010, 9:46:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

db4tech, the behavior you describe is normal under Windows.
[Jun 17, 2010, 8:24:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

ok, as you might know, I'm running a new SuSE system. The library editor will no longer launch for me. This is what happens when I try to run it in the terminal:
java -jar FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.0.beta.jar
Unable to access jarfile FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.0.beta.jar

Then I tried it like this:
java FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.0.beta.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: FurnitureLibraryEditor-1/0/beta/jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.0.beta.jar
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:319)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:264)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:332)
Could not find the main class: FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.0.beta.jar. Program will exit.

-----
Edit:
I had to do this in a terminal:
cd /home/<username>/OBJs/SH3Dplugins/
then the java -jar FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.0.beta.jar command.
On the old system, I could just open the terminal and be in that directory already. I gotta get used to this.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pencilart at Jun 27, 2010, 8:10:07 PM]
[Jun 27, 2010, 7:56:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

The problem was solved.
I don't remember now how I did it, but I associated the .jar file with the java -jar command (I think it was: right click, "open with" and I filled out the form) and now the file works with a desktop icon.
[Jul 21, 2010, 6:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JaimeLF

USA

This is really awesome. I generally prefer to have my furniture categorized by type (table, chair, etc.) rather than by room. I've been going through and making new categories and editing furniture.

My problem is that I have several items of furniture in my Sweet Home 3d list that I don't know how to edit. I believe that these stragglers are the original furniture items that came with the program (not imported). Are they in an sh3f file? Where can I find them? (I have Mac OS X.)

Thanks,

Jaime
[Aug 14, 2010, 12:05:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I should deliver the default catalog as a SH3F file too. smile

At the moment, you can quite easily get rid of the default furniture catalog of Sweet Home 3D, by following these steps:
- Ensure you installed Sweet Home 3D from its installer (not with Java Web Start).
- Remove the file named Furniture.jar from Sweet Home 3D installed files. Under Windows and Linux, this file can be found in the lib subdirectory of Sweet Home 3D installation directory ; under Mac OS X, choose first Show Package Contents item in the contextual menu of Sweet Home 3D application icon, and go to the subfolders Contents > Resources > Java to remove Furniture.jar.
- Relaunch Sweet Home 3D, all default furniture will be gone.

Reusing the furniture contained in the Furniture.jar file is less easy ; here are the big steps:
- rename Furniture.jar as DefaultFurniture.zip,
- in Furniture.zip rename the entry com/eteks/sweethome3d/io/DefaultFurnitureCatalog.properties as PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties (in root directory),
- rename DefaultFurniture.zip as DefaultFurniture.sh3f, and use this file as any SH3F file.

If you can't achieve it, you'll have to wait the release of a SH3F file containing default furniture (this may happen in the coming weeks).
[Aug 14, 2010, 10:19:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JaimeLF

USA

Ok, I got this far: under Mac OS X, choose first Show Package Contents item in the contextual menu of Sweet Home 3D application icon, and go to the subfolders Contents > Resources > Java. I see Furniture.jar, but I can't make any changes to it or even delete it. It tells me "'Java' cannot be modified."

I made a copy of the Furniture.jar file onto my desktop to try to make the sh3f file. (don't even know whether it could work this way) I tried to follow the steps and I tried to tweak a couple, but when I opened the end-result sh3 file in the Furniture Library program there is no furniture.

Of course, I don't *really* know what I'm doing. Other people may be able to get it to work. I've had my Mac for a few years now, but I am still learning its intricacies. Plus, I'm not a programmer, so I'm really not much help. sad

I do have one concern about this default furniture catalog thing. I've used several pieces of its furniture in my home model. Would they just disappear? It wouldn't be the end of the world or anything, I'm just wondering if I will need to re-measure my real furniture. confused
[Aug 21, 2010, 11:07:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved