Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4051 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Knubbi

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Lock to 90 degree when drawing the forth edge of a room

There is no lock-to-vertical/horizontal when I want to finish a rectangle room.

Why not lock to horizontal/vertical lines by pressing CTRL while drawing.

Please use established vector software such as Corel or Adobe for a minute and you get many ideas how to make drawing more comfortable.
[May 28, 2010, 3:09:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Lock to 90 degree when drawing the forth edge of a room

Please send me money to buy Corel or Adobe software licenses, so I can study them closer. laughing

More seriously, use alignment feedback to help you align the last point of the rectangle. Note also that you can create automatically a room by double-clicking in a zone surrounded by walls.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 28, 2010, 4:40:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Knubbi:

In Preferences you can (de-)activate Magnetism . When activated, all corners and rotation are done in 15 degree increments. This makes it fairly easy to make 90 degree corners.

I can think of a few hundred ways to make SH3D better or more powerful, but the main strength of this program is its ease of use. Everybody can use this program within minutes, because of its intuitive user interface. I've been using the program for six months now, and there have been numerous improvements during that time, and I'm sure many more will follow.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 28, 2010, 9:38:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hans:
Knubbi precised "finish" in his sentence and he's right, there's no visual feedback to help you click at the 4th point of a room if you want it to be rectangular.
In the facts, I was wrong in my first answer, there's even no alignment feedback if the last point of that rectangle isn't aligned with something else in the plan. At this moment, the only help you have is the tooltip that gives you the length of the side you're currently drawing. In real life (if you're drawing a real room or surface with lengths not chosen by chance), that mustn't be so annoying, since you'll just have to select the same length as the one you chose for the first side.
Knubbi, note again that the user's guide and the help propose to create first walls, then rooms with double-clicks in the surfaces surrounded by walls, because a room created with a double click will include the half doorstep of each door placed on its walls. If you follow these advices, this missing feature won't bother you at all.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 29, 2010, 8:33:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved