Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5428 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Kloiner

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Hello I need help making my walls intransparent

At the moment I redrawing my house with Sweet home 3D and if I walk through it my walls are transparent.
I can see through it. That's not nice because now I can see from the kitchen through the wall into the living room or the toilet.

Can someone help me how I can make the wall intransparent?
Also from inside, when I walk through the house.

This would be very nice.
Thanks in advance for every tip how I can realize this.
[May 22, 2010, 11:57:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Hello I need help making my walls intransparent

Hi Kloiner,

If it's helpful the virtual visitor is supposed to be able to walk through the walls to help when designing a building.
The walls will remain opaque (unless a user changes the 3D view Modify menu Walls transparency setting or) as long as you're careful to not walk into them.

One setting that may help you when walking around your home and wanting to be able to see more of the room without accidentally stepping to far back through a wall. From the 3D view, Modify menu, enter a larger number in the Visitor field of view (°): try 73 or higher, this will allow you to see more of the room but will also cause angles to appear more distorted. Once you are happy that your building looks okay then you can produce your renders with that setting or change it back to 63.

Another thing to consider. When creating a building (if you know the sizes) try and build it to scale, accidentally making a building scale to small will make it harder to view the rooms properly because (without changing above mentioned settings) the virtual visitor will be too big for the building.

Hope these ideas help you! smile
db4tech
[May 23, 2010, 1:31:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved