Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 37
Posts: 37   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 151808 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 2.4

Hans please will you do the following test for me using Vista,

• Start the Sweet Home application (without loading a previously built model)

• Make sure Sweet Home is running full screen mode (if running in windowed mode)

• Without building or designing anything, go to Save as... and just use a random name like "Test"

• Make an exact note of the window size and positions by comparing them to icons on your quick launch bar.

• Close the Sweet Home program.

• Double click on saved "Test" file to open it and watch if the windows change position.

Thank you in advance.
db4tech
[May 20, 2010, 6:26:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

db4tech, I was aware that the Java Web Start security dialog may put some people off running Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start, but your remark made me realize that if I couldn't get rid of this dialog, it might be possible to display it earlier before all the Sweet Home 3D files are downloaded by users.
At least, that would spare some bandwidth for all the users that refuse to run Sweet Home 3D. As more than the half of the 1.7 TB consumed each month on the web server is for Sweet Home 3D Java Web Start, you can guess that I wouldn't mind to reduce bandwidth used for nothing!

So the new Beta version of Sweet Home 3D 2.4 I released today changes the way Sweet Home 3D is installed with Java Web Start.
For programmers interested by the technical part, I set all Sweet Home 3D jars as lazy downloaded parts in the JNLP file and I added a tiny bootstrap jar containing a new main class that downloads lazy parts and calls the Sweet Home 3D main method I used before.
At the first run, the end users accepting to launch Sweet Home 3D will see now two download progress dialogs instead of one before, but this is really not annoying. smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 20, 2010, 8:01:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Export to OBJ format... differs as the whole model (not just what is visible in the 3D view is converted to an obj file) since it is located under the 3D view menu I thought new users might think only what they see in the 3D view is converted to an obj.
Sorry, it's not true: only furniture checked as visible in the furniture list will be exported in the OBJ file.
Thank you db4tech, you gave the final reason why I won't move the Export to OBJ format... to an other menu. wink
[May 20, 2010, 8:06:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Thank you db4tech, you gave the final reason why I won't move the Export to OBJ format... to an other menu. wink
Hey you're welcome!

Ah, it's so nice to be able to help people, gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. biggrin

Goes off to dream about Advanced Uber shader rending instead. wink

db4tech
[May 20, 2010, 9:34:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

db4:

As per your instructions, I did exactly what you asked, and, lo and behold, SH3D displays on my laptop the same quirky behaviour as you described. The vertical divider moves from approx. the left of F5 to the right of F6.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 21, 2010, 7:25:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Today's update brings some big improvements on memory usage, and better performances for some DAE/Collada files. smile
[May 21, 2010, 4:57:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

By the way, I noticed that the improvements on memory usage speed up the performances of 3DS files imported from ZIP files, when you move or rotate them. smile
[May 23, 2010, 10:35:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I fixed the growing catalog view bug in Sweet Home 3D 2.4 Beta 5.
Thank you db4tech for your detailed description. It helped to fix this bug.
[May 25, 2010, 12:13:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Emmanuel,

I am sorry to report I am still seeing the growing furniture catalog view with version 2.4 beta 5 sad

Maybe these files will help you identify exactly what is changing and why.

• Firstly I opened beta 5.
  • Made the application full screen.
  • Then without designing anything saved the home as 'Test1'
  • Closed Sweet Home.
  • Double clicked on the saved 'Test' file to open it.
  • Didn't change anything but straight away saved the home as 'Test2' and so on, till I got to 'Test5'

These files will show you how much the furniture catalog view changed through the 5 'Test' saves.

db4tech
Attachment test1.sh3d (3272 bytes) (Download count: 1731)

Attachment test2.sh3d (3320 bytes) (Download count: 1710)

Attachment test3.sh3d (3321 bytes) (Download count: 1746)

Attachment test4.sh3d (3321 bytes) (Download count: 1877)

Attachment test5.sh3d (3321 bytes) (Download count: 2230)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by db4tech at May 25, 2010, 11:30:42 AM]
[May 25, 2010, 10:34:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, it was fixed in source code repository, but I made an error when I released the Beta 5. It's correct in Sweet Home 3D 2.4 Beta 6 now.
[May 25, 2010, 12:14:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 37   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved