Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4953 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
carlaron

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Store Viewpoint

Hi,

great Software!

It would be nice to store the viewers position in a list, so I could go to good views with a click; also nice when doing photos, etc. to get the angle right, when doing small changes (for comparison) only (like wallcolor)

- Aron
[May 10, 2010, 9:46:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Store Viewpoint

Why not?
Technically, it's not difficult and this has been discussed here.

As 3D view menu is not too long at this time, I could add the 2 following menu items there:
- Store viewpoint...
- Go to viewpoint

Store visitor viewpoint item would display a dialog to name the current viewpoint of the virtual visitor before storing it. This item would be disabled in aerial view mode.
Go to viewpoint submenu would display the list of the 10 last stored viewpoints. It would be disabled until at least one viewpoint is stored.

What do you think?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 19, 2010, 1:02:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
carlaron

Great! THats all I can say ;-) Thanks.
[May 19, 2010, 2:22:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alied

Argentina

Why two menus?
Just save and load, no matter which view it is.
Simpler and easier.
[May 20, 2010, 2:31:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel:
Before using SH3D I used a program that had "cameras", basically the same as "viewpoints", I guess. It seems to me that you would need:

Camera or Viewpoint
[1] New - lets you choose position and orientation, and define quality settings
[2] Delete - lets you delete (from drop-down list?)
[3] Select - lets you select (from drop-down list?)

For the New part, I guess you could re-use one of the current camera-setting screens from Create photo or Create Video. The more it resembles how that works, the easier the new function can be used, and the less work you have.

You might even integrate this function in the Create photo screen: add a button Save as viewpoint and a drop-down list from which you can Select or Delete a viewpoint.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 20, 2010, 7:34:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alied

Argentina

OMHO, Save POV should be implemented from the current camera. Just save what you see. That's the most obvious and simpler way I see it.
No matter whether it's aereal or virtual visit. That's the user's choice and quite straightforward.
BTW, Emmanuel, check this out.
Attachment POV.zip (12684 bytes) (Download count: 878) (Changes needed for Home.java and HomeController3D.java to support load and save POV. Also, well, register the actions and do the corresponding UI. Hope it's usefull. Saludos de la Argentina. )

[Edit 1 times, last edit by alied at May 20, 2010, 9:20:08 PM]
[May 20, 2010, 8:47:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
carlaron

Both options sound good. Why not have them in both places: like for the current view and in the create photo dialog...

or an extra POV manager...
[May 20, 2010, 9:16:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved