Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4689 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
balisage

Indonesia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
smile how to update new version?

hi...i found my problem with how to update my sweethome 3d v1.7 with v2.3. should i uninstall the oldest one and install with new or there's another way? could you please help me with this. thanks guys...
[May 1, 2010, 4:21:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: how to update new version?

If you installed Sweet Home 3D with Windows installer, simply run the installer of the new version. You won't lose your furniture library and preferences because they are stored in user directories.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 1, 2010, 10:12:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gracyhelen

singapore

hai how to create the 3d house
[May 10, 2010, 2:12:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ablondal

When I run the windows installer for V2.4 (to update from 2.3) I get this error:

"Delete file failed; code 5
Access is denied"

Do I need to uninstall 2.3? and If I do will I keep all my saved files?

Thanks.
[May 26, 2010, 11:26:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You're not obliged to uninstall the previous version of Sweet Home 3D before updating it. The error you mention probably means that the installation program couldn't delete a file or write over it.
I suggest you to install Sweet Home 3D 2.4 in an other directory to avoid this problem. In all cases, upgrading won't delete your saved files, and the models and the textures you imported in Sweet Home 3D.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 27, 2010, 8:33:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ablondal

Thanks for the help! Great Program, Thanks to all who worked on it!
[May 28, 2010, 12:43:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved