Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8689 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
bellskar

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Deploying SweetHome3D, to be embeded in webpage.

@Puybaret
Thanks for your guided. at http://www.sweethome3d.eu/support/forum/viewthread_thread,1113#5708
I just have finished that task building and deploying via Java Web Start...

Can you or some one please guide how to use it via webpage online, I don't want actually to give it to users to be launched by Java Web Start outside of the browser.
I actually will need to it to be embeded on the webpage just like in the online demo at
http://www.sweethome3d.eu/SweetHome3DOnline.jsp

I would also need the option of saving and opening drawings online specific to the users. as shown in the online demo.

Thanks
Khurram
[Apr 26, 2010, 2:48:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Deploying SweetHome3D, to be embeded in webpage.

Sweet Home 3D applet can be built from source code available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d/files/SweetHome3D-source using the Ant "applet" target.

This target builds jar files in deploy/lib directory, and the applet can be run with the HTML script deploy/SweetHome3DApplet.html.
Depending on your needs you'll have to change the PHP scripts found in that directory to manage end user's home files.
For more information, see the description of the parameters named writeHomeURL, readHomeURL, listHomesURL, writePreferencesURL and readPreferencesURL in the Javadoc of the SweetHome3DApplet class.

As the applet comes with no furniture and textures, you should also read this subject to prepare the files describing furniture and textures listed in Sweet Home 3D applet.

One last thing: don't forget Sweet Home 3D is distributed under GNU General Public License.
If you plan to distribute a modified version of Sweet Home 3D, this license implies that you must distribute your program under the same GNU GPL license and make its source code available to anyone who requests it. Making the applet (modified or not) available on your web site is some kind of distribution, since it requires to users to download (automatically) Jar files.
If this license doesn't satisfy you, please write to info@eteks.com to get information about the other available licenses that could meet your needs
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 26, 2010, 4:17:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bellskar

Thanks Puybaret
Yes! I am fully aware of the license, and I will take care of it before distributing it on the website.

For now I just tried on the source code what I downloaded from http://www.sweethome3d.eu/download.jsp
on which I did make the build for the Java Web Start before posting here.
ant "applet"

and the command above successfully built with Applet this time.
But there is some thing what I think is an issue, and it is that when accessing the page
http://intranet-local-url/SweetHome3DApplet.html
takes much time to load the applet, where as I didn't feel any delay when tried the online demo.
the time it took is probably about 2 to 3 minutes on Internet Explorer and a bit of seconds quicker(but as well too long) on Firefox.

I also tried refreshing the page (thinking of that may be the first access might cause the delay), but still there is no change, both of the browsers are surely taking long time to load the applet.

Is it known?
[Apr 26, 2010, 5:00:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bellskar

Download url in above post was misstakenly pasted, the correct url I used is
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sweethome3d/SweetHome3D-2.3-src.zip
[Apr 27, 2010, 1:41:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Is it known?
I noticed a delay under Java 1.5 / Mac OS X with some server configuration, but never under Windows.
Maybe there is some HTTP 404 errors or some HTTP redirections that delays the download of some resources. Please check error_log on your server.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 27, 2010, 6:04:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bellskar

Thanks Puybaret

I think the problem was in the machine I tested it. it worked good on the server machine.
However I didn't find any error in the error_log though, I'll try to post any thing I find about the problem I faced as soon as I found one.
[Apr 29, 2010, 2:10:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved