Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2371 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
sgabu77

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
2 windows one above the other

Hello everyone. applause
Having finally realized, thanks to your advice, how to create multi-level house, I find myself having this problem. If I insert a 2 windows and 3 meters to 7 meters, one above the other, I have a flaw chart, as if I built a wall. How can I fix? crying wink
[Apr 23, 2010, 9:00:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: 2 windows one above the other

Sgabu:

You cannot insert a window on top of another window (or door). That's why there is the multi-level tutorial.

However... there is another trick. Insert an invisible box or window frame that has the height of the bottom window, of the wall between the windows and of the upper window. Export and import your window and make sure NOT to check the door-window box while importing, so that you have a window that behaves like any other furniture model. Insert these windows in your invisible box and fill the gap between them with a box that has the same texture or colour as the rest of your wall. If your windows have different widths, you will also need a box to fill the gap on the side of your window.

In case this doesn't answer your question, post a picture of your problem to explain what you want.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Attachment wall_opening_invisible.zip (1415 bytes) (Download count: 2041)

Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Apr 23, 2010, 10:27:23 AM]
[Apr 23, 2010, 10:25:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sgabu77

Re: 2 windows one above the other

thank's hans. the trick are to long, but anwser my question.

thanks lot
[Apr 23, 2010, 11:23:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved