Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4888 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
maazito

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home files on a Mac

I've got a Mac at home and another one in my office. I've installed SH3D on both, but I've imported some furniture only on my home mac. Is there a quick way to copy all furniture installed to my other computer?

Related to this, for backup purposes, where can I find the exact file structure of SH3D on a Mac? The program itself is in a directory in the Applications folder, that much is clear, but what about all furniture files? Where are those stored?

Thanks.
[Mar 18, 2010, 10:55:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Sweet Home files on a Mac

Maazito:

Question 1:
First a guess (as I don't use Mac): You can most probably find the libraries that are automatically installed when you look at the subfolder Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/ . There probably is a subfolder furniture there. On one Mac delete the contents, restart SH3D and you should have an empty furniture list.

<UPDATE>
There is very relevant info in another thread : it's partially in French, but the two most important parts are in English.
<END UPDATE>

Then I would suggest this: on the other PC install SH3D with all your imported files. Then use Furniture --> Export imported furniture to SH3F...
This will give you a library that you can then import on your other PC.

Question 2:
I think Q1 already answered this one.

Success,

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 2 times, last edit by hansmex at Mar 18, 2010, 2:00:58 PM]
[Mar 18, 2010, 1:39:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Sweet Home files on a Mac

Maazito, here's the exact structure of user files handled in Sweet Home 3D that you should back up under Mac OS X:
- In your home folder, preferences are stored in the com.eteks.sweethome3d.plist file found in the Preferences subfolder of the Library folder (the latest folder may be renamed as Bibliothèque or an other localized name if your system is not in English).
- Furniture and texture files, and other libraries are stored in the Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D folder found in the Library subfolder of your home folder.

This doesn't include Sweet Home 3D program itself that you can copy in Applications folder or anywhere else on your disk.

If you copy at the same place the users files on an other computer, it will work only if the user name/login on the destination computer is the same. Thus, you'll probably prefer to copy the furniture you added to your catalog, with the Export to SH3F plug-in available at http://sweethome3d.eu/plugins/ExportToSH3F-1.0.sh3p.
Download the plug-in on your home mac, double-click on it to install it in Sweet Home 3D, relaunch Sweet Home 3D, choose Furniture > Export imported furniture to SH3F... menu item, copy the created SH3F file on the other computer, and double-click on it to install it there.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 18, 2010, 6:05:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved