Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 77782 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Export OBJ without floor

Emmanuel:

I created a completely new design part and exported it as OBJ. Immediately I edited it and indeed (to my surprise) there were only TWO f-lines before the first g-wall. I deleted those and I now have an imported object without a floor.

Thank you for your patience.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 24, 2010, 2:33:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I just released a new plug-in that allows to copy the selection as a new piece of furniture into clipboard.
This plug-in is available at http://www.sweethome3d.eu/plugins/CopyAsNewFurniturePlugin-1.0.sh3p

Quick user guide:
- Install plug-in,
- Select in the plan the walls, rooms and furniture you want to group as a new piece of furniture,
- Choose Tools > Copy as new furniture,
- Choose Edit > Paste to paste the new piece of furniture in the existing home or an other home.

I hope it will satisfy your needs. smile

Note:
This plug-in was updated to version 1.3 on November 18, 2020 to handle the copy of groups, standalone rooms (only if at a upper level), furniture elevation at different levels, texts and polylines visible in 3D
This plug-in was updated to version 1.2 on February 4, 2015
This plug-in was updated to version 1.1 on December 30, 2010
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Puybaret at Nov 18, 2020, 11:00:31 AM]
[Apr 16, 2010, 9:37:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel:

Nice feature, thanks a lot.

It's very nice to be able to export/use a model without the extra floor. However... it's still a bit buggy.

(1) It doesn't work correctly with the sh3d.jnlp version. First time I tried it asked for a browser location, the second time it dodn't work at all.

(2) The installed version of SH3D works correctly. However, it seems you changed something in the coding of the Export to OBJ format routine. The quality of the rendering of the exported object is much lower than the quality of the original. And the applied texture isn't correct on at least one side of the combined object. It doesn't matter whether you use Tools --> Copy or 3D View --> Export , both give exactly the same result.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 17, 2010, 2:35:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thank you for your tests. smile

(1) It doesn't work correctly with the sh3d.jnlp version. First time I tried it asked for a browser location, the second time it dodn't work at all.
This plug-in can't work with Java Web Start (JNLP) version of Sweet Home 3D. Normally, a message explaining this is supposed to appear, but I forgot to test that. I fixed it.

(2) it seems you changed something in the coding of the Export to OBJ format routine.
This bug already existed when you exported/imported manually (this new plug-in just automates this process).
It's the same bug as the one Yafeng reported.
[Apr 17, 2010, 3:03:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The bug about textures change mentioned above was fixed in the version 2.4.
[May 26, 2010, 4:24:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I updated the CopyAsNewFurniture plug-in was updated to version 1.3 to handle the copy of
- furniture groups,
- standalone rooms (only if at an upper level),
- furniture elevation at different levels,
- texts visible in 3D,
- polylines visible in 3D.

Therefore, if you select all at all levels (and possibly unselect a few items after that), this plug-in will copy the selected items respecting their global elevation.
[Nov 18, 2020, 11:05:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
goldenjet50

Canada

Is it possible to use this tool to select everything in one plan and then copy it to a new plan? Live example: I created a main level for a house design and then (because of my lack of knowledge about levels) created a new plan for the basement which I now wish was in the "main house" plan as a "-1" level. Another issue with this is that the basement plan was created with a different compass orientation than was the main plan. That is: The "North" side in the basement plan is actually the "West" side in reality, so if I was able to "move" it to the other plan as a level, I would need to shift it 270 degrees so that it would line up. Is that as simple as changing the compass setting in the basement plan? ... I know .... more than one question ... but they are related.
[Dec 27, 2023, 8:56:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

First install the Plugin Manager and use that to install the Advanced Edit plugin. This will add a few functions in the toolbar.

Create the -1 level in your new project if you haven't done that already.
In your old project make the basement level the only one visible, select all (Ctrl-A) and copy.

Go to the new -1 level and paste, but make sure everything remains selected after the paste. Use the rotate function to rotate everything that is selected 270°. You can use the move functions if necessary to move everything at the same time.

If rotation doesn't work perfectly try again but now first group all furniture before you copy/paste/rotate. Still use Ctrl-A to select everything because grouping doesn't include walls, floor, dimensions, etc. That's also why you have to use the rotate and move functions because you can't do that with the mouse or keyboard if a selection includes walls, rooms, etc.

In my experience it's easier and more exact to copy the walls from your level 0 in the new project and paste those to level -1. This ensures that the walls are exactly in the same position. It's probably not too much work to add/remove/rearrange any necessary differences.

Then copy/paste the grouped furniture from your old project. While it is grouped you can use the rotate handle at one of the corners of the group to rotate or use the rotate function. It's also easy to move the whole group with the cursor keys. Un-group after you're done so you can reposition individual furniture if necessary.
[Dec 27, 2023, 9:33:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved