Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19131 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
RUSSIAN

RUSSIA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Feature: Show/hide dimensions

Hello.

It would be nice to have a feature of show/hide dimension on plan in one click (or one hotkey). Coz, sometime they are neccessary, but sometime a lot of dimension looks like a garbage on a plan.

Thanx.

p.s. sorry for my english
[Feb 8, 2010, 6:18:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Feature: Show/hide dimensions

Mr. Rostov:

It's logical that if you add many dimensions using Plan --> Create dimensions your screen will look very full and cluttered.

There is a different way to get a lot of information about an object. If you look at the bottom-left part of the screen you will see a list of all objects used. Right-click there and a pop-up menu opens. Now choose Display column and you will see a list of fields that you can display in this window. Select the items you want to see and those columns will be visible

Back to the project you are designing. Select an object that you have inserted. Now look at the list at the bottom-left: your object will be highlighted and you can easily see all the data of the object that you have selected.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 9, 2010, 7:31:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RUSSIAN

RUSSIA

Mr. Rostov:

Rostov is a city, where I live :) My name is Max. Hello.

It's logical that if you add many dimensions using Plan --> Create dimensions your screen will look very full and cluttered.

I've talked not about dimensions of objects (like sofa and so on). I've talked about dimension of room, walls, part of walls and so on. It's important to see them, when you plan where to place a furniture and so on. But if you want to, for example, print variant of plan to show it to somebody, dimensions are spoil the picture.

But it's impossible to delete dimensions before print, because you could return and re-plan some furnutire placement after printing and so on.

So, it would be nice to have feature of "show/hide dimensions".

What do u think?

Thanx.
Max.
[Feb 15, 2010, 6:07:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Max:

Sorry for not understanding you correctly the first time.
And, yes, I know that Rostov is a city :-)

Some ago I put almost the same request in the wish list. In my view it would be ideal if walls and rooms also appeared in the furniture list (bottom left of screen). Maybe in a way that you can switch between a furniture list and a walls list.

As far as I know there are currently no plans to implement this feature, so I think you have to keep adding your own dimensions.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 15, 2010, 11:25:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MacAzur

France

Hello, I'm quite new here and I really miss the show/hide dimension feature
I fully support this feature request, and indeed, considering walls as objects would simply do the trick.

Thanks for asking for it :-)
[Aug 27, 2011, 4:38:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved