Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4502 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
npi

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Placing Points of Interest?

Hi all,

I am planning to employ Sweet Home 3D for creating a virtual tour through a research lab at our university. The model will be placed on our website using the 3D Viewer applet. At certain points in the lab, I want to place markers showing a point of interest (POI). By clicking on this marker or getting next to it, I want to refresh a popup-window in order to provide additional information on the POI.

Such a feature does not seem to be available in Sweet Home at the moment. Has anyone created a suitable plugin or is there someone reading this who can tell me if this is possible at all?

Any help is appreciated.

Sincerly.
[Jan 29, 2010, 4:32:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Placing Points of Interest?

Npi:

Right now it is not possible to organize guided tours in SH3D, nor has anyone developed a plugin that provides this feature.

I've heard a rumour that in a future version such a feature might come available, but there's no way to tell if and when.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 29, 2010, 6:28:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Managing POI in the 3D view shouldn't be too difficult if you use the Picking feature available in Java 3D to display information when the user clicks on some 3D objects.
But the architecture of plugins available in the current version of Sweet Home 3D won't permit you to use picking very easily. It will be easier to create a derivate version of the software.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 2, 2010, 6:11:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Pororeau

Hi! I've been using the program just recently, and would just like to thank the developers and contributors for this great, great utility!

Yes, a plug-in for a guided tour or to show points of interest would be nice, but presently I'm still enjoying all the features of this program.

More power to all of you!
[Mar 17, 2010, 4:39:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Poro:

The guided tour has been implemented a few beta-versions ago.
If you download and use the latest version, you can access this feature by using 3D View --> Create video...

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 17, 2010, 4:16:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved