Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 57
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 132282 times and has 56 replies Next Thread
brill

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 2.3

Hello Puybaret,

detaching now works but reattaching wount:

Java Web Start 1.6.0_15
Verwendung der JRE-Version 1.6.0_15-b03 Java HotSpot(TM) Client

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: adding a container to a container on a different GraphicsDevice
at java.awt.Component.checkGD(Component.java:1099)
at java.awt.Container.checkGD(Container.java:1105)
at java.awt.Container.checkGD(Container.java:1105)
at java.awt.Container.addImpl(Container.java:1041)
at javax.swing.JSplitPane.addImpl(JSplitPane.java:1015)
at java.awt.Container.add(Container.java:927)
at javax.swing.JSplitPane.setRightComponent(JSplitPane.java:503)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.HomePane.attachView(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.viewcontroller.HomeController.attachView(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.HomePane$2.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.ResourceAction$AbstractDecoratedAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:357)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1225)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1266)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:272)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6263)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6028)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4630)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4574)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4238)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4168)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2085)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
[Mar 11, 2010, 1:22:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hello brill,

I don't have two screens so it's impossible for me to test the detach/attach feature in that kind of graphics environment. I rely on you to test it (any other volunteers ?).

From what I understand, your two screens are different and / or use two video cards, am I right?

I'd like you to test this:
- display the main window only on the main screen and test if detaching 3D view works,
- display the main window on the main screen but enlarge it in such a way the 3D view is displayed on the other screen, then test again if detaching 3D view works,
- test whether attaching the 3D view back works when the detached 3D view is on the same screen as the main window or not.

Thank you for your help. smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 11, 2010, 2:25:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

guachi,
Thank you for your stack trace, but miserably, I don't think that it's related to the video generator.
Today, I created a 100 MB video at max resolution under Mac OS X then under Windows XP with 512 MB of memory (it's a "virtual" PC under Parallels Desktop). It took much more than 4 hours and there was no problem.
Maybe some images of your video can't be rendered because of this bug. sad
Does it fail also with other home files?
[Mar 11, 2010, 6:32:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I just released version 2.3 Beta 19 with languages updates (Spanish and German mainly) and finally an additional feature that should help any contributor to translate the program and then propose to other users an easy way to install his translation file with just a double-click.

I'll create a translator's guide in the coming weeks that will give full details.
Meanwhile, you can already test this feature with the Traditional Chinese translation file created last year by Jarod Yang in this Feature Request. Download it, change its extension by sh3l (Sweet Home 3D language library) and double-click on it. This will launch Sweet Home 3D, copy the SH3L file in the languages subdirectory parallel to furniture one, and select immediately the language it contains in the user interface. How could you it be simpler? wink
Miserably, the file associations with a Java program is still buggy under Linux, and this may not work under this system. If it doesn't work, you'll have to copy the sh3l file to its destination folder by hand:
- under Windows, this folder is C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\languages,
- under Mac OS X, it's the subfolder Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/languages of your user folder,
- under Linux and other Unix, it's the subfolder .eteks/sweethome3d/languages of your user folder.

I'll probably add in a future version a + button beside the Language combo box of the Preferences pane to handle nicely this problem.

[April 10, 2010] I published today the translation guide . smile
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Apr 10, 2010, 5:25:34 PM]
[Mar 11, 2010, 7:01:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ramitix

can u make it easy to rename the category ,delete it, make subcategory ,delete items after importing it
[Mar 18, 2010, 9:18:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
brill

Hi Puybaret,

it attaching the 3D View again to the main view won't work under any of the scenario you suggested.

I have an multi-monitor setup with one card (Intel GMA3000)

I googled for the error message and found some hits.
http://old.nabble.com/adding-a-container-to-a...icsDevice-td19529735.html

maybe this will help.

Cheers Brill
[Mar 19, 2010, 6:52:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thank you Brill.
As I'm not sure how many users have the same problems as you, I chose to release the version 2.3 today. This may help to get more feedback about detached 3D view and give me more time to investigate your problem until next version.
[Mar 21, 2010, 8:44:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved