Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5855 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Small bug in calculating sloping walls?

Hello Emmanuel:

While drawing a house with sloping walls, I think I have found a small bug. After drawing all the outer and inner walls at an initial standard height (following the floorplan), I start with adjusting the outer walls to their new heights: the front and back wall get different heights, then the connecting walls are made sloping.

The problem arises when splitting the sloping walls. Although at the exact spot where the split is made, the new height is correctly calculated, it seems that this height is not adjusted when you change the location of the split and drag it to a new spot, or define its exact location by manually entering x&y coordinates.

Am I correct? Or am I doing something wrong? While it's just a small file, I attach it here.

1 - If you look at the floorplan, the second "fat" wall from the left was split, then the split was dragged to another place. There's clearly a dent where the "new" split is.
2 - If you look at the "thin" continuous wall further to the right, you can see that it is dented all the way.

I hope you have a solution up your magical sleeve :-)

Thanks,

Hans
----------------------------------------
Attachment courtyard 37.sh3d (112462 bytes) (Download count: 508)

Attachment courtyard-37-floorplan.gif (105413 bytes) (Download count: 3412)
courtyard-37-floorplan.gif
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 4, 2010, 10:07:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Small bug in calculating sloping walls?

Sorry Hans, my only trick is Thales intercept theorem. wink
Let me explain: as all your walls have the same slope, you can compute easily the height difference between the start point and the end point of each wall.
The sloping wall at left has a length of 1230 cm and a height difference of 200 cm, right?
If you divide 1230 by 200, you get a "slope factor" of 6.15.
Since the next sloping wall at left has a length of 305 cm, its height difference should be
305 / 6.15 = 45.6 cm
If the height of its start point is 500, the end of its end point will be
500 - 45.6 = 450.4 cm
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 4, 2010, 11:39:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Small bug in calculating sloping walls?

Emmanuel,

Thank you for your answer. I figured that one out already, but you know how people are.... they all prefer to be lazy and have things done automatically :-)

Apart from that, I always hated math! There's so many other, nicer things to while away your time.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 4, 2010, 12:27:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved