Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3919 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
robboid

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Excellent, excellent program...

...just had to let you know. Well done everyone who has contributed to its development biggrin

One enhancement (and this already may be possible but I can't see how to do it). Is there a way to 'fix' the internal dimensions so that when you draw the walls the lengths don't get adjusted to allow for the wall thickness?

I have just completed a plan for an extension to my house and despite specifying the internal dimensions of my existing walls, every time you go round a corner these get modified to allow for wall thickness. You can get around it by manually adjusting the sizes but this is a bit hit and miss and takes longer. Not a huge pain when drawing something from scratch as you can specify the external dimensions of the building and just accept what that equates to for internal sizes, but it's more of a pain if you are trying to create a plan of an existing room.

As I say, no big deal and definitely vastly outweighed by the simplicity and al-round flexibility of this application/ Keep up the good work!
[Jan 3, 2010, 7:47:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Excellent, excellent program...

You can change the default thickness and height of walls in the Preferences pane.

Note also that when you create walls with the keyboard (in Wall creation mode, type enter key to type values in the wall tooltip), the thickness you enter will be kept from one wall to the next one.

One last tip: the easiest way to design just one room is probably to draw it first with the Room creation tool, then choose Wall creation mode and double-click in the room to automatically create the walls around it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 4, 2010, 7:11:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
robboid

United Kingdom

Thanks Puybaret. Your second tip is what I needed. Create the room first then double click inside with the wall creation tool selected to automatically generate the walls. Guess I should have read all of the manual first.

Still, I now have my rooms with the exact internal dimensions.

Appreciate the reply applause
[Jan 4, 2010, 2:27:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

>>
Your second tip is what I needed. Create the room first then double click inside with the wall creation tool selected to automatically generate the walls.
<<

I love this, too ;o (I'm in the process of 'discovering' this program)

But I wish it would be possible to have ready -modifiable - shapes. Say you draw a rectangle (2 clicks for each corner); and then edit (add points) to make it more irregular. Also an option to align the center-line of the walls created to the shape. This should make designing on a grid easier.

Still, as robboid said: "...no big deal and definitely vastly outweighed by the simplicity and al-round flexibility of this application/ Keep up the good work!" ;)
[Jul 16, 2010, 4:45:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved