Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3068 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
ragoo44

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Error 3D rendering

Cannot launch SweetHome3D. I get the Error message: SH3D will exit now because of a fatal error in the 3D rendering system. Please update DirectX/OpenGL drivers of your graphics card. However, I have the latest version of all drivers - Can someone please help?
[Mar 17, 2023, 2:47:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Error 3D rendering

What system do you use?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 17, 2023, 6:50:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ARGUAL

ESPAÑA

I have the same error message.
[Jul 6, 2023, 6:40:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jkl123

I have the same problem with 7.1 on both of my Linux machines, one running Ubuntu 22.04 and the other running 23.04.

Both have the latest updates, and I have no problem running other graphics programs including DaVinci Resolve, darktable, vlc.

I can "sort of" run the older versions (6.6 and 7.0.2) that are in the Ubuntu package manager, but on the 23.04 machine the aerial/in-person screen is completely blank, while on the 22.04 machine the 3D display is intermittent, frequently disappearing when you move the cursor to it, and is very sluggish.

In contrast, the web version works, but then you're constrained to a single web browser. If it worked, then it'd be nice to show the plan on one screen and the 3D view on another. The program shows a lot of promise, but it's hard to be confident with it since it has many display problems.
[Aug 1, 2023, 1:05:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

AMD graphics driver?
Read this forum topic for the solution.
[Aug 1, 2023, 7:13:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

AMD graphics driver?
Under Ubuntu? I hope not.

jkl123, did you try the other script SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 provided with Linux installer?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 1, 2023, 8:11:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GeGaBu

España

I have the same problem, I use windows and the drivers are updated. And yes, I have AMD graphics driver.
[Aug 29, 2023, 8:17:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
j1k2l3

US

Gee, I could have written *exactly* the same plaint because I too have 22.04 and a 23.04 machines, and yes indeed the 22.04 machine (running 6.6.1) intermittently shows the 3D image while the 23.04 machine (running 7.0.2) shows a blank window.

I tried installing the 7.1 .tgz version, but it has a similar failure along the lines com.jogamp.opengl.GLException: J3D-Renderer-1: Error making temp context(1) current: display 0x7f031020e840, context 0x7f03104791f8,
drawable X11OnscreenGLXDrawable[Realized true,

Similar problem with the "portable" 7-zip version. which says

"SweetHome3D will exit bec of a fatal error in the 3D rendering system of you (sic) computer. Please update the DirectX/OpenGL drivers of you graphics card."

Sorry I could not provide a solution, all I can offer is some "misery loves company" solace. :-(
[Aug 31, 2023, 4:19:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Recommendations:
1. Purge ALL the repository installed packages related to SH3D (that mean including the configuration files);
2. Manually delete or save in other place [HOME].eteks folder;
3. Extract 7.1.tgz somewhere in your user space NOT in wide system.
In my case I have it in my home.
4. Try to run in terminal (to have some output to share with as):
4.1 SweetHome3D script. If don't work, copy the output in a text file
4.2 SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 script. Do the same.

If non of this work put here the output and probably someone here could help you more punctually.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Sep 1, 2023, 7:18:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gg34lebib

France

Recommendations:

4. Try to run in terminal (to have some output to share with as):

I try to run Sh3D in a shell, but it says "commande introuvable" aka "unknown command", so I can't get any output... A clue ?

I encounter the same "please update your DX and GL drivers" issue at start (it runs lanching the java one) after changing my gpu to a RTX 2060 super.

With and without the nvidia driver it's the same problem on my machine : i7 i7-6700 on a H170-PRO, 32 Go RAM, RTX 2060.
Running ubuntustudio 22.4.2, KDE plasma 5.24.7, kernel 6.5.0-21-lowlatency 64bits.

Help welcome :)
[Mar 4, 2024, 1:45:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved