Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1336 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
l8zin

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Really bad performance on high end hardware

System information:
Operating System: Fedora Linux 37
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.103.0
Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 6.1.15-200.fc37.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 24 × AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070/PCIe/SSE2
Manufacturer: ASUS

I have a decently high end system and yet this application runs horrible on my hardware. I have tried different methods of installation: portable, jar standalone and the normal install, but the problem persists. I have also tried java version 8,11,17 without change.

It seems to have something to do with the 3d view, since moving anything else doesnt affect the performance. Here is a video to show how bad it runs: https://youtu.be/X0Xb21k6lLk

Could this be a problem of running under the Wayland display server and thus under XWayland since it is Java. I could not find any meaningful logs unfortunately
[Mar 13, 2023, 9:15:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sh3daw22

Re: Really bad performance on high end hardware

I had the same issue with Sway on recent Intel hardware. 3d acceleration is perfectly smooth using the online version of SweetHome3d in Chrome and Firefox, but the desktop version is rendering at 1 fps or less.
[Jan 12, 2024, 5:47:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sh3daw22

I found a fix. The 3D view is now perfectly smooth if I start the desktop app with this ENV variable:
```
JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS="-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView=true"
```
[Jan 14, 2024, 2:25:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dorbah

Russian Federation

#/usr/share/applications/sweethome3d.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=Sweet Home 3D
GenericName=Interior 2D design application with 3D preview
GenericName[de]=Innenraumplaner
Comment=Interior design Java application for quickly choosing and placing furniture on a house 2D plan drawn by the end-user with a 3D preview
Comment[de]=Innenraumplaner zum Auswählen und Platzieren von Möbeln auf einem 2D-Hausplan mit 3D-Vorschau
#Exec=sweethome3d %U
Exec=env JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS="-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView=true" sweethome3d %U
Icon=sweethome3d
StartupNotify=true
StartupWMClass=com-eteks-sweethome3d-SweetHome3D
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Graphics;2DGraphics;3DGraphics;
Keywords=interior;design;2D;3D;home;house;furniture;java;
MimeType=application/sweethome3d;
[Jan 15, 2024, 12:01:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved