Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3951 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
upsetter21

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to share attachments???

Hello SH3D PPL:

I own a property that is special in my opinion. It is special because it is one of the very earliest automobile service stations ever built in the USA. It is a very humble brick building in a special place called Manistee in the great state of Michigan.

It is situated just a short distance from the Great Lake of Michigan. It was built for the son of a prominent figure in the city by the name of Grant. It is located kitty-corner to a historic property that has been restored with public resources, know as The Ramsdell Theater.

Grant was essentially an Oligharch or Baron of the times, circa late 1800's. He was a pharma pioneer, with some interesting practice of which he gained great wealth.

His son had an interest in the automobile at a very early time in its history. He built this station for his son to give him gainful employment servicing the fueling and lubrication of these new devices.

I wish to reach out to the SH3D community to help me digitize this piece of property.

I have gathered many resources on this subject. I have also hand drawn in SH3D the building and property lines.

I am engaged in a long-term restoration of the building with the goal to repurpose the use of the premise.

I wish to share this project with the SH3D community, as I see this as a fun project for anyone studying the historic landscapes of our planet.

Please advise on how I may post attachments of my work to this forum.

Thank you,
Brian
[Jan 25, 2023, 11:51:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Re: How to share attachments???

"Chippewa Auto Sales"?

As for sharing project files... Just find a service that allows you to share links publicly, (i.e. DropBox, GoogleDrive or one of many others), then paste the link here. Just remember to make the link publically accessible. The instructions for that will be service dependent.

If you want to share images, there is a sticky thread in the Gallery sub-forum explaining how to get embedded images (note this depends a lot on whether the hosting servers allow direct access to the images.)

Hope that helps.
[Jan 26, 2023, 3:32:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upsetter21

USA
Re: How to share attachments???

YES! The current title of the property is: Chippewa Auto Sales!

Nice find!

Thank you for your suggestions!

I will work on getting public links in order so I can share more information with the community here at SH3D!

Stay tuned:)
[Jan 26, 2023, 5:20:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved