Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3180 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
RogTP

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Multi-photo rendering with different lights

Hi,

First post, so hoping this is the right place.

I'm looking to generate photos from my model for different combinations of lights. I may need to do this multiple times so trying to simplify. I know that a plugin was created a couple of years ago to do something like this but I am having problems with it. Source forge link to the thread on it is below.

My problems are that it seems to only use lights that are formal light sources, not objects that are also light sources. So when I add furniture items for which the light is configureable, the plugin doesn't find them. A nuisance, but I can of course always add light sources to match the existing furniture items.

Second problem is that I'm doing this on a Mac running Ventura. The plugin wants to create a directory to store content in, but it doesn't seem to be able to spot that I've given it full disk access and won't open any folder or create a new folder.

https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/plug-ins/33/

Any thoughts/help appreciated.

Thanks
Roger
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jan 12, 2023, 10:21:19 PM]
[Jan 12, 2023, 3:08:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Re: Multi-photo rendering with different lights

Hi Roger,

Can you indicate here what you are having trouble with?
If you have the right to share the lights you use, you can attach a file containing them.

First information, the AutomateLightsRendering plug-in takes into account any object containing light sources whether they are integrated into the object or added manually.
On the other hand, the plug-in has not yet been updated to be compatible with the new version of Sweet Home 3D allowing to manage lights using the lightSourceMaterialName# property.

Second information, it seems that you are having the same problem cited by Mike Lee who uses the MacOS App Store version.
Not having a Mac, I could not test the problem and therefore try to solve it. Maybe Emmanuel Puybaret would have a solution.
EnkoNyito
[Jan 14, 2023, 5:24:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RogTP

Thanks for responding. I’ll have a look when I get back home, away for the weekend. To be honest moving over to light sources anyway so that may not be a problem now I know what it is. I’ll take a look at the separate post you looked to.
[Jan 14, 2023, 5:29:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RogTP

Ahhh, hadn’t noticed that comment, but that is the same problem. Worst case I’ll install in the Windows VM I’m rubbing on the iMac and generate from there if it works better. I assume the SH3D file is compatible across platforms ?
[Jan 14, 2023, 5:32:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

You can try version 1.4 of the plugin.
EnkoNyito
[Jan 21, 2023, 3:48:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Second problem is that I'm doing this on a Mac running Ventura. The plugin wants to create a directory to store content in, but it doesn't seem to be able to spot that I've given it full disk access and won't open any folder or create a new folder.
What plug-in do you speak about? What Sweet Home 3D version do you use?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 21, 2023, 5:56:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RogTP

The plug-in is the multi photo rendering plug-in I linked to and for which Enko had produced a new version of. I’m not at home at the moment, so don’t know the exact version of SH3D but it is the latest on the Mac App Store.
[Jan 21, 2023, 6:26:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

With the Mac App Store version run under recent macOS versions (>= 11), a plug-in can write only in sub folders of Library/Containers/com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D/Data found in your home folder.
Be sure to select a folder in that place to be able to use this plug-in.

Otherwise, yes, SH3D files are compatible across platforms.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 21, 2023, 7:38:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
RogTP

Thanks guys, this seems to be working now, and I can select any folder I like.
[Jan 21, 2023, 8:51:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved