Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3154 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: "Tools" menu and panel missing from all installations - is there a "Configuration Manager"?

IMHO you use the repository version of SH3D.
WRONG! as I've explained several times on this forum.
I've conclude this around 10 years ago.
Under linux, any kind of, use the installer provided by the original creator from HERE .
FORGET THE REPOSITORY in the SH3D case.
Read and fallow the instructions.
In this way you will avoid a lot of headaches.
If this is not the case, post here the terminal output to see what happen.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jan 6, 2024, 9:06:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pa_trick

USA
Re: "Tools" menu and panel missing from all installations - is there a "Configuration Manager"?

For my first install of Sweethome3D, I installed the snap version V6.6 through the Ubuntu Application installer. After the first series of problems I had, I removed that installation then installed the V7.2 from http://www.sweethome3d.com/download.jsp following the instructions you posted some time ago. It was on that install that I installed the Plugin Manager and discovered that several of the plugins (including roof generator) are not compatible with V7.2.

In an attempt to get a version that the Roof Generator will work on, I removed the V7.2 installation and reinstall the Snap version V6.6. I am still getting the error message:
[Jan 6, 2024, 10:58:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Ok.
In this case verify in Help->About to see your SH3D version.
The Roof Generator work with >=7.2 so you probably still run an older version.
If you have a shortcut for launch verify the path.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Jan 7, 2024, 6:35:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pa_trick

USA

This is what help->about tells me:
[Jan 7, 2024, 3:44:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Great!
You still run 6.6.
If you really fallow the official instructions (OR mine) on how to install on linux,
go in the extracted folder SweetHome3D-7.2 and run the SweetHome3D file
(usually double-click on it and choose execute OR run as a program).
After launch check again the version.
You must have 7.2.
If that's true, update all settings related with SH3D (shortcut, file association, menu entry etc.)
To be sure, you could move (delete) the old folder (SweetHome3D-6.6) and you will see whats works and whats don't (shortcuts).
[Jan 7, 2024, 6:21:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you get black artifacts on Linux use the script SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 instead of SweetHome3D to start SweetHome3D.
[Jan 7, 2024, 6:35:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved