Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1045 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
KelvinUceta

Belgium
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Material texture Settings

Hi all,

I'm having an issue each time I apply a texture on a object, to use a texture correctly I need to apply following setting:

to get this:

Am I doing something wrong?

For the record, I use Blender to create my objects, I always reset "Scale" and "Rotation" before exporting to "Wavefront (.obj)".

Actually it's not a real issue because I know how to work around but quite annoying.

Thx
----------------------------------------
Dubito, ergo sum

Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS
CPU: Core i9-12900K
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ghz
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6G
3D: SH3D 6.6.1 and Blender
[Nov 27, 2022, 6:31:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Material texture Settings

I suspect it has to do with the size and position of the image compared to the size of the surface it is applied to.
Check this blog post and note the remark "in a way the captured image will match the size of the box side on which it will be applied".
The settings you can make for textures are there to fix any positioning issues with an imported texture to make it fit the surface you apply it to. You can also adapt the image size itself, either when creating it or when you import it. You can also rotate the image before saving it, rotate the image with the settings, or rotate the box itself. (Each facet/surface has it's own direction in which a texture is placed.)
[Nov 27, 2022, 10:09:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KelvinUceta

Belgium
Re: Material texture Settings

Great Keet,

I'll take a look!

Grts,
----------------------------------------
Dubito, ergo sum

Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS
CPU: Core i9-12900K
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ghz
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6G
3D: SH3D 6.6.1 and Blender
[Nov 27, 2022, 3:26:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved