Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3829 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Dennisek

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Plug-in developer's guide - "no main manifest attribute, in VolumePlugin.jar" when executing the JAR

Hello, I just recently discovered Sweet Home 3D and right now I am trying to follow through the Plug-in developer's guide.

I am able to follow all steps but whenever I try to execute the JAR file I get the error message "no main manifest attribute, in VolumePlugin.jar".

I already installed OpenJDK version 8 and used this version for the Eclipse project. I would like to attach the JAR file which is saved in my system in "/home/dennis/.eteks/sweethome3d/plugins/VolumePlugin.jar" but I don't seem to find an attach option for files in posts.

So it would be great if you could tell me how to attach files to posts and maybe you already have a clue on why it might not be working.

I appreciate your help!

Best regards,
Dennis
[Oct 28, 2022, 12:29:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Plug-in developer's guide - "no main manifest attribute, in VolumePlugin.jar" when executing the JAR

A plug-in can be executed from Sweet Home 3D. Even if it’s possible to run it also as an application, it’s not its goal.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 29, 2022, 12:03:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dennisek

Germany
Re: Plug-in developer's guide - "no main manifest attribute, in VolumePlugin.jar" when executing the JAR

Hey Puybaret, thank you for your answer. In the tutorial it was written that I am supposed to execute the Sweet Home jar file and not the plugin jar file. So I guess it also makes sense that it didn't work out. Now when I execute the Sweet Home jar file as intended it actually works :)
[Nov 1, 2022, 8:53:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved