Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3367 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Pb on focus with 22h2

And during these 30 seconds, are you able to select a material and change it? Said another way, does the whole program or only the 3D view seem to be blocked?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 3, 2023, 6:26:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

And during these 30 seconds, are you able to select a material and change it?
Yes.

Said another way, does the whole program or only the 3D view seem to be blocked?
only the 3D view.

wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Mar 3, 2023, 9:54:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vinci68

France

Maybe it has nothing to do with it but lately I had to uninstall and reinstall SH3D several times because the 3D display and the navigation between the tabs of the different floors of my house were blocked. (since 2 years I'm using SweetHome I never had any problem).
I isolated the problem by re-installing the plugins one after the other and testing between each one. Everything worked fine until I reinstalled DimensionLines3D. And then everything froze again. So now I have to do without it (which I regret because it was very useful!!!)
Maybe in your case this plugin brings you this problem ?
I work under W10 x64 21H1 on an I5-8300 with 32Gb of ram and a NVidia GTX graphic card.
[Mar 3, 2023, 11:08:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

It was an idea, but no !

I moved all plugin sh3p in other directory, and the problem goes on...

Damned. biggrin
---
[Mar 3, 2023, 12:36:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hanabi

Australia

Does your system use an Nvidia graphics driver? If so, try downgrading to an older version of the graphics driver.
[Mar 4, 2023, 9:05:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vinci68

France

You are confused. The problems are with AMD Adrenaline drivers, not with NVidia drivers..
[Mar 4, 2023, 4:29:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hanabi

Australia

Ah yes that's right; I'm thinking of the display corruption problem, not slow 3D rendering. Apologies for the misdirection bdfd.

When I had slow 3D rendering trouble previously it was because SH3D was using the CPU for rendering and not my computer's NVidia graphics card. The solution was to force SH3D to use the graphics card by adding an entry within NVidia Control Panel software (in the "Manage 3D settings") section.
[Mar 4, 2023, 11:50:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

Well, it's not perfect but it's better !

Together, 7.1 and Nvidia panel reduce time.

1. for standard furniture : 3 to 5 sec
2. for imported furniture : 2 to 4 sec.

We are on the way.

wink
---
[Mar 5, 2023, 6:38:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hanabi

Australia

Good to hear. It sounds like it had indeed switched to using the CPU for 3D for some reason.
[Mar 5, 2023, 12:07:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved