Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2928 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Weevoir

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Lean-to conservatory

There is also something sticking out from the front of the conservatory
[Sep 24, 2022, 10:04:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shoulders

United Kingdom

same here, the sh3d file is basically a 4 panel glass frame.

I am using v7.0.2
[Oct 16, 2022, 1:22:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ladkii

Thank you Keet!!
[Oct 22, 2022, 12:01:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shoulders

United Kingdom

I see what I did wrong, the conservatory is a SH3D which is project file and not a Furniture Library.

This file works fine.

cheer Keet
[Oct 22, 2022, 11:16:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I see what I did wrong, the conservatory is a SH3D which is project file and not a Furniture Library.

This file works fine.

cheer Keet

The example is just a very rough and quickly put together example. I hope it gives you a starting point to create your own conservatory exactly like you want it.

Check out the posts in this forum about creating glass. It is probably a better idea to use glass objects and thin boxes for framing then resized predefined windows. You can create a window frame with boxes, put glass in it and export it as a new object. With the Shape tool you can create a triangular shape in the exact size you need and turn it into glass.

After import you can easily tilt objects for the roof part. This looks a lot better than using existing windows because the frame of existing windows will deform when you resize them. Most of a conservatory doesn't need to be a 'real' window, i.e. one that cuts a hole in a wall since you only need a low wall for the bottom part. The rest is your own framing.
[Oct 23, 2022, 7:32:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shoulders

United Kingdom

I have made a mini library under the category 'Conservatory' and I have used the principle of making the conservatory using walls. I specify the height and thickness of the conservatory wall and then snap windows, doors and glass to it from my category.

I am not the best at it but my conservatory looks ok. Using the wall method rather than free flowing everything is a lot easier and you can make a real room.

I have not got to the roof yet. :)
[Oct 23, 2022, 7:28:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

... and I have used the principle of making the conservatory using walls...
I have not got to the roof yet. :)
There's more ways to Rome so if that works for you that's great.

A little trick for your roof if you are using standard windows:

You can't tilt windows because they are made to snap into a wall. But you can export a window and import it again as a regular object. Don't check the "Door or window" checkbox when you import. That way you have a window you can tilt for your roof.
[Oct 24, 2022, 8:09:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved