Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2114 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Staircases for Public Spaces

I just uploaded a new furniture library with different staircases for public spaces like a shopping mall: Staircases for Public Spaces

These staircases follow an average of the many different regulations and building codes. Most staircases available as a model are for in-home use and don't even come close to these regulations. Utilitarian in nature for sturdiness and easy cleaning. The threads have rounded noses you can either make invisible or give a contrasting color/texture.

There are three staircases: L, U, and Z form for a base height of 4 meters. Because every public space has different heights there is also a 'Stack Element' you can use to stack unlimited elements to create very high stairs and finish it of with a 'Stack Top' with the appropriate cutout. The L, U, and Z staircases are also easy to stack across multiple levels.

Seven different fences are available to surround the different stairs at the top level or when another staircase continues to the next level.

Most parts or group of parts can be textured/colored separately. This includes having a choice for glass or board siding and making platforms invisible or different.

My humble advise: don't start to create your own staircases. This was a one time effort and I spend way too much time on these because I needed them for a large project. In the over 100 hours I spend on these staircases I could have created multiple detailed houses laughing

I added the Creative Commons Attribution license to the library so you can use it anyway you want.
[Sep 19, 2022, 1:17:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France
Re: Staircases for Public Spaces

Thank you very much, Keet. Very useful and very nice of you to share!
100 hours... Whaouh!
I hope you will show us the "large project" when it's finished.
[Sep 19, 2022, 10:39:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

That's a beautiful collection!! Thank you very much!!

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 20, 2022, 2:29:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I added an extra fence.
Staircases Public Space v1.1.sh3f
[Sep 26, 2022, 2:25:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved