Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 23
Posts: 23   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5757 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
decard

AU
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Measuring a multipart distance?

hmmm. so i could create a dummy Room (i wish this function had a more suitable name), and check there.

i wil try that too. Thank you.
[Sep 2, 2022, 4:19:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

thank you.

not fully cognisant at the moment of all that you refer to, but will check more in coming days
[Sep 2, 2022, 4:23:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

hi.

certainly measuring (or displaying) total length of polyline would seem to be a useful worthwhile thig to have

and should be embedded as function of polyline itself, rather than separate Dimensions function.
[Sep 2, 2022, 4:35:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

@Decard
I'm not sure if your message is in reply to mine, in such case the Wirings toolbox displays the lenghts grouped by line style/color, so you can use a different color/style for each measurement. The real purpose is to measure how much wire to buy, provided that different parts of the electrical plant may require different kind of wire.
[Sep 2, 2022, 9:32:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Si60

Vanuatu

Looking at thus post has reminded me of another matter I have been considering.
Is it possible to auto dimension walls in elevation or 3D view?
Or even manually dimension?
I think that this feature would be very useful.
Presently I am building a house I have designed on SH, but I find I have to manually (and time consumingly!) draw the wall elevations, using 'properties' of things like windows and doors, to be able to set up the formwork.
As someone else has suggested, the wiring plug-in sort of works. It also suggests that the program 'knows' what the dimensions are, there just needs to be a plug-in or whatever to reveal that information.
Lastly many many thanks to all the clever people who have contributed to the development of this amazing software. Personally I wouldn't even know where to start!
[Sep 3, 2022, 2:55:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

@Si60
Maybe the 3D dimension lines plugin could work for you.
Please open a new thread if you need to continue the discussion.
[Sep 3, 2022, 6:47:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

After reading your last message, I installed Pan3D and Dimensions3D.
I then tried to make a render to see whether the dimensions show up in the images.
Unfortunately, no matter what I tried, I wasn't able to produce an image. Not with SH3D, nor with any of the rendering plugins from Enko.
After uninstalling both plugins, I as able to make renders again.

Contact me in private if you need more info, such as complete list of installed plugins.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 3, 2022, 12:18:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

@Decard
I'm not sure if your message is in reply to mine, in such case the Wirings toolbox displays the lenghts grouped by line style/color, so you can use a different color/style for each measurement. The real purpose is to measure how much wire to buy, provided that different parts of the electrical plant may require different kind of wire.

many thanks for this.

for my trivial excecise (Kitchen Triangle), i just used three p-to-p Dimensions

but this plugin is a very useful plug-in any case, which i must keep in mind for the purpose for which it was intended. or any other multi-point measurements.
[Sep 4, 2022, 1:03:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

In Google Maps it is possible to make a multi-point measurement. Even to the point that when the last click is on the same position as the first click, GM also gives the enclosed surface.

SH3D doesn't have either of these functions.

hmm. you give me idea for something completely different! :-)

just recently, i was trying to measure how far i am running at the moment (i recently started again after 30 years), and you are right i think - i could use Google Maps to calculate. i use, but i never thought of that purpose.
[Sep 6, 2022, 6:28:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

In Google Maps it is possible to make a multi-point measurement. Even to the point that when the last click is on the same position as the first click, GM also gives the enclosed surface.

SH3D doesn't have either of these functions.

have now checked/trioed this (Google Maps) fopr my running distance.

works well once you get te hang of it. the only prob is - a limit of just 10 data points. which was JUST enough for my current run, but not enough for planned run/s.

(btw, it seems to be accurate as it almost exactly matched what we measured on bike - which sort of confirms the accuracy of both.)

but having been given that idea, might search if i can do with something woith more data points
[Sep 7, 2022, 6:57:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 23   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved