Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1708 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
GrahamI

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Furniture Library Editor

How does one Install this feature on an MS Windows PC?
I just see a whole bunch of Java files and I know nothing of Java.
Regards Graham sad
[Aug 23, 2022, 2:17:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Furniture Library Editor

Java files???
The Furniture library editor is a JAR executable file. Install a JRE or a JDK then double-click on the JAR executable file to run it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 23, 2022, 3:32:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GrahamI

Australia

Thank you.
All is resolved now.
I now have to learn how to use it.
I want to create a Post and Rail Fence, often used in a rural environment here in Australia.
Regards Graham
[Aug 24, 2022, 8:56:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I want to create a Post and Rail Fence, often used in a rural environment here in Australia.
You don't need the Furniture Library Editor to create new furniture. For your fence you could create a nice fence by combining multiple resized Box objects. Variations can be made by using stretched cylinder objects.

You should get the geo models from https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/d-models/299/ which are very useful for creating furniture details. For example to create different post tops. Or put a Sphere halfway in the end of a cylinder to get a nice rounded top.

Once you have all your parts combined you can export them to a single object which can be imported in the Furniture Library or just used as you created it.

The Furniture Library is mainly to group multiple furniture objects into a single Library for easy import or to create a collection of your custom made furniture. It's also important for adding and changing a few properties for objects that are specific for Sweethome3D and can't be added to a stand-alone object. You can, for example, change the cut-out made by windows, doors, and staircases. The Furniture Library allows to add these features.
[Aug 24, 2022, 10:23:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GrahamI

Australia

Is there "How to Use" Guide for this?
[Sep 7, 2022, 6:30:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GrahamI

Australia

Thank you Keet.
That is very helpful and much appreciated advice.
I'm learning heaps here.
My thanks to all for your help.
Regards Graham
[Sep 8, 2022, 6:40:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GrahamI

Australia

What a GEM of advice that the was!
Now, I haven't created my Post and Rail Fence yet.
But, I've learned so much more.
One Step at a time Sweet Jesus is my attitude!
Regards Graham
[Sep 9, 2022, 5:08:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Is there "How to Use" Guide for this?
You can find some explanations here.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 9, 2022, 5:14:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved