Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1001 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
decard

AU
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Deselecting

i cannot find a way to simply DESELECT an item ie so nothing is selected.

ESC certainly does not work: although that would be the obvious.

the problem of not being able to simply UNselect is that instead it selects something else, eg some 'Room', and then unintentional changes are made to whatever has been accidently selected

what i have had to do, when i remember, is scroll all the way of the design, and then click Enter

(btw, before you ask, Search in the Users Manual finds nothing)
[Aug 18, 2022, 7:03:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Deselecting

It looks like it's time for you to read the shortcuts guide.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 18, 2022, 7:06:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

sureeee, except ...

1. why would a simple basic thing like Deselect need a 'Shortcut'?

2. why wouldn't a simple basic thing like Deselect be about the 2nd thing you would put in a Users Guide in Edit Section (right after Select)?

3. why wouldn't Esc be a standard Unselect?

4. Having read the Shortcuts THREE times, there is simply NO mention of Unselect. the closest i coud get was some mention of toggles.
[Aug 20, 2022, 2:06:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As Dorin says in his signature: A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do.
Said another way, I think it’s time for you to use Sweet Home 3D as it is.
Most of its behavior was inspired from other software and I won’t change it just because you expected something else. If the provided documents doesn’t work for you, feel free to write your guide. If its quality is good, I’ll be pleased to reference it in Documents page.
[Aug 20, 2022, 2:51:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
cool Re: Deselecting

When You want to deselect an already selected item, SHIFT+click on this item.
Shift are used for multiple selection and act also as toggle.

For this You have to put back a flower on my avatar cool
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Aug 21, 2022, 9:02:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Note that selecting / unselecting the object(s) under the cursor is also proposed in the contextual menu of the plan and the 3D view where you'll right click.
And if you want to unselect everything, you may simply click outside of any item in the plan.

When You want to deselect an already selected item, SHIFT+click on this item.
In the furniture list, unselecting one item is done with Ctrl + click (cmd + click under macOS).
[Aug 21, 2022, 10:38:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

Hi Dorin

thanks for this information

the obvious question remains - why is this simple fundamental info not in the User Guide and/or obvious easy place?

SHIFT for multiple select is a standard, as is CTRL to selct/deselect individual item

so why is SHIFT-Select not Select/Deselect all? and CTRIL+Select Deselect current one

SHIFT for both multiple select AND for Deselect is both inconsistent and confusing

but i thank you for this basic information
[Aug 25, 2022, 12:41:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
decard

AU

hi.

i already knew that clicking outside the plan area would deselect. that was the only way i could find!!!

but do you know how how time that wastes to move across your whole plan to outside. Over and over and over!

for something as basic and as constant and as frequent as Deselecting!!
[Aug 25, 2022, 12:44:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You could also lock the base plan so if you click on an item which is not part the of base plan (i.e. walls, rooms, polylines, texts, dimension lines and the furniture qualified as part of base plan), it will unselect the selected item(s).

By the way, I wonder what other drawing software you use to be so upset about the proposed ways to unselect in Sweet Home 3D, and why you need so much to unselect all. I never saw such a menu item in the software I used and Esc never unselected current selection in them too.
[Aug 25, 2022, 8:43:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved